Technical Designer Construction m/f
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metal Refining
The world's resources are scarce. Umicore's refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. This is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the project team civil engineering you will be responsible for the design and drawing of new civil constructions, as well as adjusting existing structures and or buildings. Starting from the expectations of the customer you are responsible for the 2D (or 3D) design and if necessary the construction drawings.
Also creating technical specifications of measuring states for a tender and the order of the project are part of your tasks. You conduct technical discussions with your suppliers where you challenge the tenders towards the technical specifications. All this in close collaboration with your manager.
In consultation with your projectmanager you propose if necessary also a cost estimate and a planning.
During the meetings with the internal customers you relay on your communicative skills in order to explain your design.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for collaborators who strive for a sustainable development for our company. You are an example for the others and you watch over safety, respect agreements and you comply our values and standards. Additional you are open to change and you act with respect for people and the environment.
* You have a bachelor or master degree specialized in construction engineering (steel constructions and concrete)
* You have minimum 5 years working experience.
* You have experience with drawing software and you are able to design constructions in 2D and 3D.
* Experience with MS-office is a must, as well knowledge of Autocad.
* Experience in the world of construction in various disciplines is a big advantage (civil, road construction, steel, renovation,...)
* You can work independently and you set priorities.
* You are analytical and are able to work in a structured way.
* You are assertive and a strong communicator.
* You are result driven and able to cope with time pressure and deadlines.
* You are flexible and a teamplayer.
* Due to your creativity and your distinct technical skills you are able to finish your assignments in a successful way.
You are fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch quickly.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling capabilities can help tackle recource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?