Technical and investment Purchasing Manager
Date: Apr 10, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, BE
Working for UCB Purchasing, you will contribute to UCB Patient Value Creation by being an agile, knowledgeable and trusted advisor and by connecting UCB business challenges with solutions from external networks in order to enable innovation.
To strengthen our Purchasing team, based in our Braine-l'Alleud's offices, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of:
Technical and Investment Purchasing Manager
Nature & Scope
Take ownership and responsibility of the Technical and Investment purchasing categories covering:
* Engineering Services
* Manufacturing Equipment
* Construction and Finishing Works
* Special Techniques (Electricity, automation, Piping, HVAC, …)
* Deliver significant cost improvements, value beyond savings, industry benchmarking, category roadmap, monthly KPI reporting and annual budget guidance.
* Analyze the spend category and market to identify and capture opportunities in value improvement, purchasing systems enhancements, sourcing and cost savings
* Develop category strategies to achieve most favorable quality service, cost and technology
* Execute Sourcing projects (standardization- demand management -RFI/RFQ - bids analysis (TCO/TVO)- negotiations (incl. contracts in close collaboration with UCB legal department) - supplier selection - supplier mgt) following structured methology (7 steps)
* Successfully manage suppliers to bring the most value for the company
* Build strong relationship with internal stakeholders in order to ensure the necessary buy-in for the sourcing projects
* This involves a strong communication process to all internal stakeholders in order to successfully implement change
* Deliver & track impact versus set targets and complies with reporting guidelines.
Desired skills & experience
Master degree in Engineering or Finance. MBA is an advantage.
5+ years of experience in Purchasing and/or Engineering of which 3+ years in a procurement position involving supplier management and negotiations.
Having worked for a general contractor or experience in pharmaceutical industry or is an advantage.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (across functions & countries)
* Analytical & Business process capability and strategic thinking
* Highly ethical behaviour
* Result oriented
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to handle a lot of projects on a simultaneous basis (prioritization)
* Ability to manage by influencing & convincing.
* Ability to conduct meetings at senior level
* Capable of operating in cross-functional teams
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Finance MBA, Technology, Engineering, Science, Finance