Technical Analyst - cloud/infra engineer
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Digital and IT
MAR00001813 Requisition #
The Marketing & Sales business unit plays an important role in the rapidly changing energy market. For each customer, it has a high-quality, customised offering developed in connection with commercial subsidiaries and partnerships with local operators. They provide a fresh perspective on the products we offer, as well as how we offer them.
Are you passionate about new technologies and innovations in the world of IT? Do you like using your broad knowledge of technology to actively look for the best solutions to IT issues?
Then this vacancy might be for you!
IS M&S Belux is responsible for implementing and maintaining the entire M&S IT landscape. To stay competitive in the current energy market, we are moving towards a lean-agile model focusing on costs, speed, efficiency, flexibility and quality.
In view of current private/public cloud solutions, we also host infrastructure in-house where possible and desirable. This makes it possible to discover and implement many new technologies. As such, you will be involved in the transition:
* from dedicated systems to virtual instances on VMWare, and to the local and public cloud
* from traditional software installation to Infrastructure as Code, and docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster with automatic scaling
* from conventional architecture to PaaS and micro services
* from monitoring via Tivoli/Enterprise Manager to Elastic Stack and Dynatrace
* your task will be to identify which infrastructure to choose from among the many options available and to help develop and manage this infrastructure
* you will critically analyse new technological solutions and the possibility of integrating them with other components
* you will assess the existing architecture and suggest improvements where possible
* you will work continuously with the other delivery teams to bridge the gap between applications and infrastructure
* you will be responsible for delivering high-quality versions of your chosen solutions
* you will be in charge of technical documentation, will pass on technical knowledge to internal teams and will provide these teams with technical support
* you have a Bachelor's in applied computer science or equivalent experience, have extensive general IT knowledge and are interested in the integration of IT technologies
* you are familiar with concepts such as data consolidation, disaster recovery, hybrid cloud, micro services, docker containers, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
* you know what a business network looks like and what the various components are used for
* you have experience with system virtualisation (e.g. VMware)
* you have experience installing and maintaining Linux
* you have experience with scripting and automation frameworks (PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* you have experience installing and maintaining (Java) applications
* you have already worked with cloud providers (Azure/AWS)
* you understand the needs of proper monitoring and want to help implement this
* you are familiar with licensing models and want to understand them
* you have good communication skills and are analytical and solution-oriented
* you are eager to learn, do not shy away from challenges and think outside the box
* you deliver high-quality work in an efficient way
* you are a team player, can work well independently and are flexible
ENGIE Eelectrabel offers you
* a competitive salary plus a range of benefits
* a broad range of training and development opportunities
* priority for internal mobility by first informing our personnel about new vacancies
* a healthy work/life balance
* a wide range of formal and informal networks, including via ENGIE, the international utilities Group to which we belong
HR Contact: Erwin Schellens via email@example.com
Workplace: ENGIE Tower - Boulevard Simón Bolívarlaan 34-36 - 1000 Brussels
Digital & IT_Digital_SoftwareEngineer
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.