We wish to strengthen our team with a ‘Systems Engineer’ with particular focus on end-to-end system performance aspects.
In this position, you will be responsible for the assessment of the end-to-end performance of an earth imaging satellite. This will be achieved by means of an end-to-end simulator that will encompass all elements in the imaging chain: the environment, the satellite platform, the imaging instrument and the ground processing.
Overview of aspects that shall be covered:
- Building of a full system model, covering: satellite dynamics, optical payload and ground prototype processor
- Correlation of the instrument model with real instrument measurements
- Quantification of the influence of the instrument’s key parameters.
- Quantification of the impact of environmental effects (albedo, stray light etc.).
- Quantification of the effect of AOCS errors in for instance the final imaging of the optical payload.
- Definition of the ground processing steps needed to achieve the performance requirements
- Definition of the in-flight calibration approach and development of the associated calibration algorithms
Desired skills/ experience/ knowledge:
- MSc or PhD in the relevant fields (control & simulation, mathematics, optics, image processing).
- Proficiency with building simulation models.
- Proficiency with technical documentation generation.
- Excellent analytical & organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of Matlab.
- Enthusiastic result-oriented and fast-learning team player with good communication skills at all levels.
- Fluency in English and preferably also in Dutch.
The leading edge technological aspects and variety of work makes working at QinetiQ Space an exciting challenge. QinetiQ Space offers you a unique opportunity to fully develop your talent/career and prove yourself in one of the top high technological companies in Flanders. A challenging and exciting opportunity in a team of enthusiastic and inspiring colleagues is waiting