IS System Engineer (M/F)
Welcome to ENGIE Generation Europe! This Business Unit of ENGIE has the ambition to become the perfect complement to renewable energy and to proactively guide the industry into its energy transition!
For Information Systems, in Antwerp, we are looking for an IS System Engineer.
Your core tasks as IS System Engineer are: maintain, troubleshoot, build out and optimize our rapidly expanding infrastructure for the service of 'Access Control' and 'Industrial Hosting' in a multi-site international environment.
As IS System Engineer you will:
- Assist and support the IT infrastructure for Access Control and Camera Surveillance
- Be involved in the daily operations of our installed base of workstation in an industrial and technical area
- Install and maintain workstation with different operating systems, specific application software and system management tools
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with your colleagues to reach the objectives
- Translate and implement the best practices for system security
- Do on-site interventions for installations, maintenance and incidents
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design and setup of new system infrastructure, e.g. NAS migrations and datacenter migrations
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem solving
- Document procedures and installations. System and license inventory management
A typical working day of an IS System Engineer starts by going through the incidents and the monitoring systems. Then you analyze new questions from the business, you prepare and test systems in the lab, or you do an on-site intervention in a power plant. In the meantime, you also work on larger projects. Your communication skills contribute to good coordination between different parties. No two days are the same!
You are part of the Infrastructure-Hosting department. In your function as IS System Engineer you report directly to the Service Delivery Manager of the Hosting/Access Control service.
- Solid experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments
- Knowledge of Domain and Active Directory management
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2016, 2019, DNS, DHCP, FTP,...
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, ESXI, vSphere,...)
- Experience with system management tools as for monitoring, antivirus (Symantec), backup systems (Acronis), Patching (WSUS), access management
- Basic knowledge of NAS systems (QNAP, Synology, Windows storage)
- Good knowledge of networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Routing, VPN, SSL, proxy,...)
- Have the ability to translate network and security requirements to the different supporting teams
- The company specific applications and industrial installations you will learn on-the-job
- You have good communication skills for coordination between different parties in order to realize your tasks.
- You are Hands-on - Analytical - Independent - Structured - Organizational - Result driven
- You master Dutch or French (with a very good knowledge of the second language) and your knowledge of English will allow you to communicate easily within our international organization.
- Regular on-site interventions in Belgium - Occasional travel abroad
- As IS System Engineer you have a strong safety and environmental awareness. You always take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues!
WE OFFER YOU:
- A challenging and constantly evolving job.
- Rigorous guidance from a mentor.
- A friendly and safe working atmosphere in a large, stable and sustainable business focused on people.
- A growing remuneration package with many options to choose from (time/money, bicycle scheme, etc.), a bonus scheme, a fixed lump-sum, a range of extralegal benefits (including lease car), lunch vouchers, various social provisions such as pension plan, medical insurance for you and your family members, discounts at a range of stores, etc.
- Opportunities for self-development.
- A good work-life balance!. You have flexible working hours and 38 days annual leave.
Work location: Location based in Antwerp Wilrijk - 5d/week
Level : To be defined
MORE ABOUT US
ENGIE Generation Europe, a Business Unit of ENGIE Group, is an expert in many specialist areas within the energy sector: around 1,100 employees manage, maintain and operate large-scale, highly flexible and high-performance natural gas, biomass, hydropower and CHP units owned by ENGIE in 7 European countries (Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal and Spain). This Business Unit is also able to develop new applications such as energy security using large battery storage systems or power-to-gas projects.
In this way ENGIE Generation Europe wants to be the perfect complement to renewable energy, and help large industrial customers to make the transition to the most energy-efficient production process including the significant reduction of their CO2 emissions!. Enabler of the ZERO-CARBON transition "as a service"!
- Posting Date: May 27, 2020