Support Manager (5152, M5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Manager, based in Brussels.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
* Organisation , implementation and maintenance of support
* Coordination of support teams
* IS Service management
* Coordination with the Europa teams
* Coordination of wiki sites and collaborative sites
* Follow-up of service quality
* Management and follow-up of user requests
* Guidance regarding the use of information systems
* Management of incidents related to information systems; organisation of the reporting
* Conception and organisation of user documentation for information systems
* Conception and management of trainings
* Participation in user, service and project meetings
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The following knowledge and skills are mandatory:
* Advanced LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) use in production environments - minimum 5 years of experience
* Sysadmin for Drupal or Wordpress or Piwik or Moodle - minimum 2 years experience
* High Availability (HA) experience in production environments (experience with Cluster or Load Balancing at OS or application level)
* PHP and bash script knowledge
* Good git (or similar CVS) knowledge
* Cloud knowledge (AWS and/or Azure)
* Strong aptitude for troubleshooting issues
* Strong desire to learn and grow professionally
* Proven knowledge in end user assistance or support of information systems
* Excellent knowledge of ITIL
* Knowledge of wiki and collaborative sites
* Excellent communication / writing skills
* Good reporting methods
* Ability to apply high quality standards
* Ability to cope with fast changing web technologies
Additional knowledge/experience that would be an advantage:
* Varnish server administration and configuration (Caching system)
* MySQL HA (Percona) administration and configuration
* REDIS and/or Virtuoso RDF
* Apache SOLR (search engine)
* Elastic Search (ELK) and Kibana for aggregating logs
* NodeJS platform
* SaltStack, Ansible or Puppet or similar infrastructure automation/orchestration tool
* Drone, Gitlab, Jenkins or Travis (Continous Integration and Deployment)
* Docker and Docker Composer
* BEHAT, Selenium for automated testing
* Zabbix, Munin or Grafana for monitoring and log analysis
* Advanced knowledge or large experience with GitHub
* Use of NewRelic (performance monitoring) or Blackfire (performance diagnosis) tools
* AWS experience with related technologies (CloudFront, WAF, ELB/ALB, EC2, VPC, RDS, Elastic Cache, EFS, S3)
* AWS Architecture knowledge
* Security Related knowledge (Risk Analysis, Security Plan, Compliance checks, Security Incident Analysis)
* Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
* Ability to participate in multilingual meetings, ease of communication in English
* Ability to write documentation in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/5369
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 30 July, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 23 July, 2019