Strategic Product Supply Lead
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Strategic Product Supply Lead
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Strategic Product Supply team, based in our Global Chain Supply Department in Braine-L'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of Strategic Product Supply Lead.
Do you describe yourself as helpful? Are you a futurist? Add these two together and you're a 'helpfulurist' at UCB. This unique blend of talent means you are a cooperative forward thinker with patient wellbeing in mind.
As a UCB 'helpfulurist' and Strategic Product Supply Lead you to like to work in an environment where you can:
* Orchestrate the end-to-end global strategic supply for the assigned product portfolio part of the development and/or commercial phases supporting the entire lifecycle management strategies.
* Bring your holistic approach in implementing efficient and effective processes to ensure best in class SC performance.
* All Material Types within Development and Commercial Phases, volumes - Long Term (3-10 years), Demand/Supply scenario, commercial inventory, New Product Introduction (NPI) & product Life Cycle Management.
As a UCB 'helpfulurist' and Strategic Product Supply Lead you will contribute by:
* Being the primary point of contact in Supply Chain and support all ongoing and upcoming technical and life cycle activities for a given product or portfolio of products.
* Contributing actively with business units to country launch decision strategy roll-out (based on BC's endorsement)
* Supporting/Implementing Product LCM projects with the main stakeholders.
* Supporting and influencing industrialization strategy & implementation.
* Providing full visibility on launch/portfolio/technical/life cycle change plans to ensure enough capacity is available with the main stakeholders and ensuring the plans are kept updated in the adequate system.
* Ensuring UCB SC readiness according to the Business Unit launch strategy.
* Coordinating strategic product launches to ensure on-time delivery:
- Preparing and leading the monthly product review meetings with different regions and leading the product launch team meetings.
- Following-up on launch preparations and driving mitigation plans.
* Leading 10YP demand and supply volume conversion and Executive SI&OP process with key stakeholders.
* Developing & maintaining the financial and physical product flows in collaboration with key stakeholders and align with supply strategy.
* Supporting short term supply continuity by working closely with SC functions i.e. Demand/Supply Planning, Affiliates, Customer Service, Master Data.
* Tracking the performance of the SC and analyzing trends, recurrent root causes. "Troubleshooting": Coordinating activities and knowledge gathering to ensure issues are addressed and escalated timely across the product portfolio stakeholders.
Change control management:
o Represent SC in the change control committee meetings
o Prepare any change controls for product launches, new product flows in alignment with TSO and MP
* Optimizing Lifecycle product portfolio through inventory turns, SKU rationalization, new service to customers, risk mitigation.
* Change control management: representing SC in the change control committee meetings and preparing any change controls for product launches, new product flows in alignment with the main stakeholders.
* Participating in strategic partner selection and ensuring alignment with Long Term supply strategy and GSC key priorities
* Supporting packaging/device development.
* Supporting SC and the Business Units with product risk identification, defining remediation plans with regards to supply continuity.
* Attending product technical review meetings as a core team member representing SC as well as in Recall committees
* Supporting GSC functions to optimize supply footprint and performance.
* Providing support for product/asset divestment initiatives.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience, and skills:
* Master's degree and APIC's certification.
* Minimum 10 years of expertise in Supply Chain management with at least 5 years' experience in the Life Science industry.
* Pharma business understanding in a global world, including development, launch, geography expansion, loss of exclusivity and the regulations applicable.
* Strong business acumen, analytical skills, familiar with financial evaluation techniques.
* Decision-making driver within the multi-disciplinary team and matrix organization.
* Robust long-term planning and New product launch process knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills to ensure information sharing within the project team, with internal and external stakeholders.
* Good financial background is required in the frame of business case preparations and evaluation.
Job Segment: Supply, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Planner, Supply Chain, Operations, Strategy