Strategic Portfolio Management Lead nPVU
Date: Mar 14, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we are building the next generation biopharma leader and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference and deliver results. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Strategic Portfolio Management Lead (Neurology),
Help us transform patients' lives. To strengthen our Neurology Patient Value Unit (nPVU), we are looking to fill the position of Strategic Portfolio Management Lead (SPML).
The primary purpose of a Global Portfolio Manager sitting in the nPVU is to advance the nPVU Strategy through portfolio delivery. You will support the PVU to execute the strategy by providing a comprehensive view of neurology portfolio and solutions guaranteeing alignment and consistency as well as facilitating decision making and knowledge acquisition.
About the role
The SPML role is structured along the Strategy and around portfolio development as follow:
- Providing the neurology strategic roadmap by understanding the neurology strategy and how each solution/ project fit into it individually and as a portfolio in order to create and enrich value for patients
- Responsible for providing an oversight across portfolio (mapping full portfolio key triggers points, milestones, risks, accomplishments…) in order to anticipate, advice and plan future actions to guarantee the contribution to the overall strategy and its success
- Managing nPVU Book of Work utilizing the right reporting tools and dashboards, and measuring the impact of actions on a consistent way
- Acting as single point of contact for portfolio planning, budgeting, resources allocation recommendations… and therefore strong project communication, change management, interfaces communication and conflict resolution
You will partner with Project/ Assets sponsors/ leads, Mission Heads, Project Managers, Regional Heads, nPVU LT, Business Partners, Practices, Company Portfolio Management, Investors Relations and other key stakeholders. The SPML will reach a broad range of people to maximize the opportunities and optimize the use of the right interfaces.
You will be responsible for proactively reaching the above mention stakeholders ensuring project goals and strategies are appropriately framed, scoped and delivered in a consistent way across the portfolio while meeting UCB's standards and processes so that UCB's governance bodies and stakeholders can make the most informed and timely decisions.
The SPML needs to ensure there is strong communication amongst the projects team members and with multiple stakeholders in different functions, ideally managed through a comprehensive communications plan. Effective project communication and managing the culture in line with UCB's values is an essential leadership component of the SPML's role in working with cross-functional, diverse teams.
Broad Neurology knowledge while not imperative will be beneficial to better support the Neurology Strategy. Competitive intelligence and external view understanding is a key component to the role to plan and to anticipate accordingly any required foreseen or unforeseen actions.
While the neurology assets will be under the Missions responsibility, the SPML is assigned to cover the neurology portfolio and provide an helicopter view of a variety of assets/platforms with an special focus and attention of assets under development and up to launch point, which can vary considerably in terms of scope, size and complexity. Other non-Asset related projects may include Technology, Public-Private Partnerships, Ad-hoc projects or Business change initiatives to deliver improved efficiency, increased revenue or other aspects in line with UCB's strategic goals.
Consistency in Resource Allocation is essential, you will be a member and will contribute to the UCB Project Management Community. You will act as champion for Project Management techniques and processes, educating colleagues in these areas and sharing best practice across the organization.
- Framing Project Goals and Objectives : Drive the overview of portfolio assets development of differentiated patient solutions through framing the strategies using Project Management standards and processes. Consolidate key assumptions of UCB's 10 Year Strategic Plan, ensuring cross-functional authoring and alignment with the assets team members. For other projects this is setting clear objectives, scope and prioritization in a project charter or similar.
- Designing Project Strategies : Ensure appropriate project strategies are in place to meet the overall goals including clear Project Team work/organization breakdown structure, prioritization and project benefits in a measurable business case with trade-off analysis where appropriate. This includes alignment of Functional Plans at a strategic level to ensure dependencies and interfaces are fully considered. For all projects this includes ongoing strategic alignment and scenario planning.
- Project Planning, Scheduling and Resourcing : Act as single point of contact for the portfolio overall budget and planning information. For late stage/large scale projects, partner with Finance to ensure that the team has critical reviews the budgets, changes are implemented and probabilitization is applied with regards to strategy/project milestones. This includes managing project activities, budget, resource allocation on new solutions (ex. Technology) and reallocation of resources between assets to leverage opportunities, critical milestones and scheduling new actions
- Executing Projects : Responsible for progressing on portfolio execution through the different teams. This includes managing project performance. For all projects this includes proactively identifying, troubleshooting and escalating risks and issues as well as realizing the benefits of project-related opportunities. It also includes use of UCB's project processes, reporting and technology such as INTEGRATE, Sharepoint, SAP and SOURCE.
- Measuring Project Performance : Setting and monitoring the portfolio quality and performance including reporting tools, monitoring systems, KPIs, feedback-based project reviews and transition management in line with UCB processes and standards.
- Communicating Project Information : Managing the portfolio communication within the Strat Plan. Identify the key messages, audiences, interfaces, timings and mechanisms for effective communication at all levels including externally to the organization. Act as delegate for PSL/Mission Head as needed.
- Project Management Center of Expertise : Drive the best in industry practices by contributing with lessons learned, challenges, solutions and involvement in process improvement projects. Train colleagues on Project Management Best practices and processes as needed
- You have at least a Bachelor's Degree and preferably a Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant discipline (MSc, PhD, MBA). A Project Management Certification or qualification would be a plus (e.g. PMP, APM, Prince 2, Agile etc).
- You have built at least 3 years of experience in a Global Project Management Role, or related function, within Pharmaceutical Industry, ideally in Research and Development Setting. 5 years or more of experience and a postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- You are experienced in working with global, multi-cultural, diverse teams, with demanding timelines and complex deliverables.
- For Asset GPMs, we will value your experience with working in cross-functional project teams focused on the research, development and commercialization of a product, including Regulatory Affairs, Safety, Medical Affairs, Manufacturing and Access.
Job Segment: Global project Management, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Neurology Portfolio
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical, Manager, Developer, ERP, Healthcare, Management, Technology