Strategic Bid Coach North & South Europe Consulting (190000LL)
The Pursuit Coach leads a PCoE team consisting of a Pursuit Lead (pursuit project manager) and the PCoE Creative team (writer and designer) to provide strategic leadership on NSE Consulting's largest and most significant bids.
Responsibilities include leading the development of strategy, messaging, and creative approaches throughout the end-to-end pursuit lifecycle (Pre-RFP, RFP response/proposal development, Supplier Presentations and Post-Presentation) for NSE sales opportunities.
The Pursuit Coach is required to rapidly engage with numerous pursuit and leadership stakeholders and client service delivery teams to lead the creation of compelling and differentiated selling propositions for our clients. The Pursuit Coach is expected to actively identify critical challenges and possible risks for the sales opportunity whilst working proactively with the Lead Engagement Partner and other key internal functions such as Quality and Risk Management, Deal Review, and Delivery Excellence, to attain the utmost quality of our offering. The Pursuit Coach may be engaged on more than one pursuit at a time.
This opportunity will likely require significant travel.
* Lead win strategy sessions with pursuit teams and ensure the resulting strategies and approaches are maintained and applied throughout the pursuit life cycle to drive a higher win rate on key opportunities;
* Enable connections across the global Deloitte network when needed to facilitate collaboration and differentiation in our largest and most strategic pursuits;
* Bring creative approaches for presentations, pursuit materials, and other pursuit activities to support strategy, messaging, and differentiation;
* Lead the presentation preparation and rehearsal process and provide presentation coaching, both individually as needed and to teams;
* Rapidly establish a relationship of trust with the Lead Engagement Partner and resolve challenges during the pursuit process;
* Support the Pursuit Lead in managing and applying the bid process in line with the PCoE's pursuit methodology and in resolving conflict;
* Oversee and provide feedback for proposals and other materials to support the PCoE and client service team in developing a compelling value proposition, winning strategies, and a differentiated message for the specific opportunity;
* Provide oversight and quality review for proposal and presentation documents, design approach, and risk reviews, and guide the team so strategic messaging is represented in all materials;
* Bring best practices from other pursuits and extended pursuit networks;
* Participate in leadership and internal quality reviews, participate in the development of resource and pricing models, and participate in leadership pricing and quality calls;
* Solve issues that may be escalated to you in a collaborative manner with the Lead Engagement Partner, as needed;
* Participate in and contribute to select learning and development initiatives to build and enhance Deloitte's sales excellence capabilities across the firm;
* Lead and engage in value added special projects to establish or further develop key capabilities to strengthen the Deloitte sales culture.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
* 10+ years sales pursuit experience, preferable;
* Former Consulting client service backgrounds preferred, especially combined with pursuits a plus;
* Experience working, collaborating, and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders;
* Experience in leading the presentation rehearsal process and providing presentation coaching;
* Experience in bringing creative and differentiating concepts to development of pursuit materials and to presentations;
* Strong understanding of Deloitte services and offerings;
* Experience leading teams and building sales skills;
* Proven ability to address and resolve conflict;
* Experience with national and/or global consulting organisations;
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
North & South Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece and Malta), Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North & South Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make;
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities;
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders;
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people;
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
: Deloitte Belgium