Specialist, Direct & Sites Procurement
The Global Procurement Site team is responsible for Procurement across all the GSK manufacturing Sites for Pharma, Vaccines and Consumer. The team covers Direct and Indirect spend and focuses on the creation and execution of Procurement strategies by creating strong relationships with stakeholders at different levels within the Site.
• Support the development of the long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes in order to enhance the overall performance of the Site. Provide support in the implementation of new processes.
• Support the Implementation of Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
• Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders.Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Procurement and the Site.
• Ensure the Site requirements are taking into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies.Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
• Support the Procurement function at Site (Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex).
• Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK’s requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment.Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
• Support the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth of GSK.Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
• For specific Categories, actively develops, negotiates and maintains contracts.
• Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site.Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
• Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
• Balancing both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
• Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organisation.Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
• Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or equivalent experience
2 years of operational Procurement experience across multiple categories of spend and some experience of regulated environments or professional experience in Biopharm industry with high interest to develop skills within Procurement or experience with depths understanding Supply chain or Supplier Performance Management
Awareness of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
Ability to drive & implement change
Good Knowledge to manage sensitive partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills
Good written and verbal communication skills – fluent English.
Awareness of cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier and legal matters (contracting)
Understanding of risk management
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines
Understanding of external environment & supplier relationship models.
Ability to operate and influence across all business units and across multiple disciplines
Demonstrated experience in contracting and negotiating