Solution Planning Specialist
Date: Mar 6, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The primary purpose of the Solution Planning Specialist (SPS) is to support the Patient Solution Teams to deliver differentiated patient solutions through best-in-class planning, scheduling and resourcing.
The Solution Planning Specialist is a technical expert in UCB's planning, scheduling and resourcing processes and tools. The SPS will partner with the Global Project Manager and functional leads to ensure UCB's Patient Solutions have consistent roadmaps, milestones and scheduling aligned to the overall objectives for the asset.
The SPS will support Patient Solution (project) delivery by the effective planning, forecasting and reporting of activities and resources.
They will champion the consistent use of single source data across UCB functional areas for planning, reporting and forecasting requirements. The SPS will also identify potential planning and resource issues and opportunities and propose evidence based solutions to the Patient Solution Team.
The SPS will also ensure the Patient Solution planning and resourcing is managed according to UCB's Strategic Planning and Financial Cycles so that governance committees have the required information to make efficient and effective decisions.
The Solution Planning Specialist will also coordinate tracking of project documentation including Integrated Evidence Planning components such as Target Patient Value Profiles and Functional Plans.
The Solution Planning Specialist is expected to act as a champion for Planning and Project Management techniques and processes, educating colleagues in these areas and sharing best practice across the organization. The expectation is through continuous improvement the Planning Team will work to minimize the effort of the planning processes while maximizing the value and use of the planning data to the organization.
Solution Planning Specialists are typically assigned to three-four assets for early stage or two-three assets for late stage development or launch projects, which can vary considerably in terms of scope, size and complexity. Solution Planning Specialists may also support other non-Asset related projects such as business change initiatives to deliver improved efficiency, increased revenue or other aspects in line with UCB's strategic goals.
Project Planning, Scheduling and Resourcing
* Act as a planning and resourcing point of contact for assigned Patient Solutions
* Coordinate Project Goal, Strategy and Objective documentation including Integrated Evidence Planning, Target Patient Value Profiles and Functional Plans
* Coordinate project resourcing, forecasting and budget (internal resource, external costs) through partnership agreements and financial cycle process with Finance, Practice and Patient Value Unit colleagues
* Manage project planning activities such as integrated Roadmap, critical path/chain, timelines/milestones, scheduling and reporting as required.
Project Execution and Performance
* Monitor Project progress and budget against baseline, actuals and UCB's end to end lifecycle process, Key Performance Indicators and stage gates.
* Responsible for use of UCB's planning processes, reporting and technology such as INTEGRATE (Planisware), SharePoint, SAP and SOURCE.
Communicating Project Planning Information
* Consistently provide accurate planning and actuals information to Project Teams, Practices and Governance Bodies in a timely manner.
* Develop and use planning best practices to communicate information in the most effective way based on content, context and audience e.g. dashboards, visualizations
Planning Continuous Improvement and Training
* Drive best in industry practices by contributing lessons learned, challenges, solutions and involvement in process improvement projects
* Train colleagues on Project Planning Best practices and processes
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
We are looking for candidates with :
A Bachelor degree with at least 3 years of experience in a Planning Role or related function within
Pharmaceutical Industry, ideally in Research and Development setting.
Experience of working with global, mutli-cultural, diverse teams with demanding timelines and complex deliverables.
A Project Management Certification or Qualification (e.g. PMP, APM, Prince 2, Agile, etc.).
An experience with Planisware software is an asset.
Communications, Change and Conflict Management
* Partners with sponsors, stakeholders and teams to establish a safe, collaborative environment for effective project communications and manages change by motivating towards common goals while championing conflict resolutions. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability prioritize multiple tasks.
Planning, Scheduling and Resourcing
* Builds, maintains and tracks progress against consolidated global project plans and schedules including resource allocation, budgeting and overall milestones, integrating other plans as required (e.g. functional plans)
Transition and Quality Management
* Sets and monitors quality measurements and identifies opportunities for improvement through project reviews, ultimately managing the transitioning to steady state or next stage gate
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system - or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a 'can-do' attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Quality Manager, Strategic Planning, Technology, Science, Strategy, Quality