SOFTWARE TOOLING ENGINEER - 1701000
Barco's General Services is looking for a highly motivated Software Tooling Engineer to strengthen its Tools & Data Management Team. The TDM team searches for the best common software solutions (tools and systems) for the needs of the different R&D/engineering divisions.
The Software Tooling Engineer stays on top of the latest evolutions in engineering tools/systems in his/her functional domain(s) and uses this knowledge to map business requirement/problems to out of the box solutions. He/she is acknowledged by the business as the (functional) domain expert.
As a Software Tooling Engineer, you support the IT Community and are responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of a tool/system according to the business requirements and in line with the latest IT policies.
You give support to respectively the key users and the end users by means of training, documentation or direct assistance.
* You investigate and follow-up the evolution of tools/systems and related best practices in the responsible functional domain
* You gather (User, IT and Procurement) requirements, perform functional and technical analysis, a.s.o.
* You investigate requests for new tools & opportunities to improve tools or to map business requirements to new features and "future proof" tools that can be implemented on a large scale
* You provide 1st & 2nd line support in the responsible functional domain
* You investigate problems; find the root cause and the solution in the responsible functional domain
* You support the TDM Manager or the Project Manager in defining the project plan
* You are responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the tool/system, in accordance with the corporate IT policies
* You create tool/system procedures with regard to installation, configuration, maintenance and recovery/backup
* You educate/train the key users (globally)
* You create the system and integration test cases and the test plan (in collaboration with the project manager), execute the system and integration tests and/or support the end users in executing these test cases
* You support the business in creating and executing the user acceptance testing
* You have a Bachelor or Master degree in ICT or Industrial/Civil Engineering
* You have +/- 2 years' (consultancy) experience in Software Development (build)
* You are able to map processes to tool features
* You are a service oriented team-player, well organized and project & process minded
* You have strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* You are capable of building up a natural authority in your domain (persuasive)
* You are able to work independently (self-enabler) and are willing to travel (also abroad)
Catherine De Wulf