Software Quality Manager - 1800228
The division Enterprise is looking to strengthen its Quality Assurance team at Kortrijk, with a driven and dedicated Quality Assurance Manager, to manage key quality assurance strategies for Firmware and Software Products. He/She will be tasked with advising and implementing QA best practices within development teams and analyzing field feedback ensuring software and firmware products are shipped with the highest quality.
In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining and communicating a clear and concise picture of product quality for the NPI and Software development projects, from concept to product release as well for commercial field feedback. You will be working closely with other QA and software engineering team members of all experiences within Enterprise Division. Your ability to coach and work closely with development teams, to identify and understand key features and their underlying functionality within an agile context will be the key to your success.
* Continuously adapting processes and strategies to improve product quality.
* Conducting periodic reviews of products and projects to understand process related issues/risks shared opportunities and create work plan for improvements.
* Actively participate in different software design reviews and releases milestones
* Continuously assess and identify bottlenecks in QA and SW design life cycle processes to mitigate risks along with implementing long term strategies to solve the bottlenecks.
* Final authority for software releases by ensuring that verification and validation activities are carried out before release.
* Interact with international cross-functional teams to facilitate an integrated and successful software design with the highest possible quality.
* Follow-up and report process compliance and ensure required process corrective actions or business improvement opportunities are followed up.
* Conduct internal process audits and reviews to ensure that the defined QA processes and SW design life cycle processes are followed and executed in line with the defined QMS and ISO 9001 compliancy standard.
Qualification and Experiences:
* BE / MCA in computer science, engineering or related discipline. Minimum of 10 years of quality engineering and assurance experience and minimum of 5 years recent experience in software development activities.
* Strong experience and understanding in SW design methodologies and processes both for embedded and application software. With focus on quality, performance, scalability and failover.
* Strong knowledge of SW development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes. Strong affinity with Agile methodology. Experienced with CMMI quality process knowledge & implementation will be preferred.
* Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability. Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solving and project management skills.
* Must have experience in managing and working with distributed international team members and be an excellent cross-functional influencer. Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating development team members in a creative and effective manner.
* Capabilities to work with an important level of autonomy.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills, absolutely for English, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.