You'll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow's mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you'll do
· Create and extend complex service-oriented systems that are used daily in TomTom's map production processes.
· Use Java and Java related technologies like Spring, RESTEasy, Postgres with Postgis, HAProxy, Puppet, GIT.
· Use Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and HBase.
· Work in a clean code environment - we at TomTom pay great attention to testing and software quality, using unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, test automation, automated merge pipelines, quality monitoring through Sonar and Tiobe.
· Contribute to a strategic system in map production that handles terabytes of data, runs on large computing clouds and serves hundreds of users.
What you'll need
· Knowledge of Java and object oriented design principles.
· Knowledge of software engineering practices, including unit & integration testing, version control, continuous integration, release building.
· Experience or great eagerness to get experienced in software development.
· Capability of handling multiple tasks at the same time and working in a lively, fast changing environment.
· Focus on 'getting things done', without sacrificing quality.
What's nice to have
· Eagerness to learn and to get acquainted with a broad range of technologies and a diverse software stack in a short timeframe.
· Willingness to work in a self-organizing scrum team, in which you contribute to diverse tasks (development, testing, supporting users, bug fixing, etc.).
Meet your team
We're Maps, a product unit within TomTom's Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries - all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you'll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users' map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we're guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create - driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don't boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life's too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other's differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?