Social Media Officer
About Group Communications
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore has set in place a social media strategy which requires day-to-day operational management and further development (new channels, enhanced content). To further develop and operate Umicore’s social media plan, the Social Media Officer takes charge of the feed to the selected channels, collecting and programming posts, stimulating colleagues group-wide to provide valuable content. To further distribute the Umicore brand storytelling is of crucial importance. As an international group, Umicore’s social media presence is primarily in English, and native-level English ability is required.
* Roll out the Umicore social media plan including detecting and collecting content, adapting to channels, planning and executing postings, channeling leads and contacts
* Follow up on the social media plan, propose new ideas (channels, content) and continuously benchmark ongoing trends in the area of social media
* Identify, collect and bring into coherency all existing Umicore social media initiatives and interface with social media correspondents group-wide
* Monitor Umicore presence on social media , including claiming and managing all relevant social platforms where Umicore is cited (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google maps, Instagram, WeChat, YouTube…)
What we expect from you
* You have strong capabilities for planning / project management and show necessary creativity and awareness of a fast-shifting environment. You possess strong writing ability in English and creative skills for delivering inspiring posts.
* You have in-depth knowledge of social media whether acquired through formal or informal education. Professional experience is a plus, more important you are able to demonstrate familiarity with and frequent use of a variety of social media.
* You present an analytical approach/ familiarity with social media analytics in order to provide a data-driven approach for Umicore.
* You have strong software competences relevant for social media and knowledge and awareness of mobile apps
* You have excellent digital copywriting skills for social media and structured website content
* You are proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere. Familiarity with third party social media management tools such as SproutSocial, Buffer or HootSuite is a plus
* You have working knowledge of the MS Office suite (Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Excel etc)
* You have excellent English writing skills, a strong level in either Dutch or French (both would be a strong asset)
* You are rigorous and driven to achieve results on time and on budget
* The ability to shoot and produce short video material is a plus
* You are curious and willing to learn new concepts
* You are creative, you take initiative in creating and delivering stories
* You are empathetic and understand the cultural sensitivity of working with different internal and external stakeholders
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees, irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do.
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?