Signalling System Engineer
Apply now »
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Location: Charleroi, WHT, BE
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 8 billion in the 2017/18 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 34,500 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Alstom has been part of Belgian railway history for 130 years through its connection with the former rail transport equipment subsidiary of SA Ateliers de Constructions Électriques de Charleroi (ACEC). Today, Alstom Belgium employs 1050 people and is involved in approximately 100 major projects worldwide.
The site in Charleroi has developed unique expertise in electrical and electronic systems within two centres of excellence that operate at a global level : one focuses on traction systems and the other on signalling and railway traffic control systems, with a particular emphasis on equipment that complies with the European standard (European Rail Traffic Management System/ ERTMS). The teams develop systems, manufacture prototypes, perform tests and trials, complete approval procedures and manage integration projects. An after sales service activity completes the offer for these product groups. Alstom Belgium pursues an ambitious growth strategy by actively investing in R&D. The work carried out by its team of 100 research engineers makes a significant contribution to the development of a sustainable rail transport system.
* The Railway Signalling System Engineer defines and develops the signalling system architecture and functionalities.
* He/she defines and allocates requirements, evaluates design trade-offs, analyses technical risks, defines interfaces.
* He/she keeps close coordination with verification and validation, and with project deployment teams.
* He/she provides all the necessary support to the System Engineering Manager (SEM) for the technical
* Answer to the needs expressed by the Solution Director and the specific user project needs.
* He/she participates to R&D activities to develop the future signalling systems.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
* Develop the system documents, including plans, specifications and other technical documents
* Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements (change requests) and that a proper system engineering approach is being followed
* Throughout the development, providing technical support to V&V, RAM and Safety Analysis. Interact with other System Engineers and with other métier engineers to ensure the design fits into the intended architecture.
* Develop typical applications of the system and manage design feedback from verification and validation team.
* Focus on technical process but strive to balance technical concerns with the program pressure deriving from cost & schedule. Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risk.
* Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the System Baselines, analyse and implement Change Requests
* Prepare and participate to design reviews
* Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities
* Ensure that the system follows standardization approach by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions, and by providing an efficient system deployment kit (tools, user documentation…)
* Provide support to Program external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders)
* Understand and apply the TIS System Development processes and contribute to continuous
improvement (RoE, process,…).
* Advise the System Engineering Manager of the recommended path that the development should take, outlining the reasons for that recommendation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Education: Engineering degree with specific training/experience in the fields of Signalling Systems, electronics, automatics, software architecture or other well suited degree/background.
* Desired knowledge / Experience:
* Knowledge in development or integration of Signalling System (ERTMS and Europeans Systems).
* Knowledge in development or integration of European Legacy Signalling System (KVB, TBL1+, ATB, PZB, …).
* Knowledge in development or integration of CBTC or TCMS signalling System.
* Experimented in Embedded Software development for Critical Application, in architecture of Critical Application and in Safe Platform development.
* Knowledge in Rolling Stock architecture and interfaces.
* Experimented in modelling method as SADT, SysML, Matlab.
* Experimented in redaction of specification and traceability.
* Language skills: Good level in the French and English language (written, spoken).
* Behavioural competencies:
+ Writing skills: clarity, rigor, and synthetic view.
+ Need long term implication in the project.
+ Team spirit.
+ Autonomy and perseverance.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Type: Experienced
Job Segment: Embedded, Technical Support, SEM, Technology, Research, Marketing
Apply now »
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply