Service Catalogue Management Officer-190711
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 5,467.45Euro (EUR) Monthly
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency is leading NATO's Digital Endeavour. We are NATO's technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will develop and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals. Come and be part of the most successful alliance in history.
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) is looking for a Catalogue Management Officer. You will support the management of the Agency Service Catalogue. You will also take lead and supporting roles in scope of the Service Oriented Business Model being implemented in the Agency by the SPCM team.
Within the Business Planning Management (BPM) Branch, the Service Portfolio and Catalogue team (SPCM) manages the Service Portfolio and Catalogue of the Agency - including the Service Rates. The team also manages the implementation of the Service Oriented Business Model in to the Agency.
Under the direction of the Section Head, Service Portfolio and Catalogue Management, you will perform duties such as the following:
* Support the management of the NCI Agency Customer Services Catalogue. Ensure that services to be included in the catalogue are identified, defined and updated in a timely and accurate manner;
* Support the activities to establish, control and manage the Agency-wide processes for the Service Catalogue Management, including; development/enhancement of NCI Agency directives, process documentation and supporting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
* Identification and management of process interfaces, input and outputs;
* Identification and implementation of process enablers;
* Identification and implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for process performance measurements;
* Liaise with Service Owners and Service Delivery Managers in order to support development and improvement of service descriptions. Set up processes to continuously improve the catalogue based on stakeholder (including customer) feedback;
* Follow-up the Service Delivery Plans to be published and maintained by Service Owners in scope of the Enterprise Service Delivery Model implementation;
* Provide support for the establishment of Operational Level Agreements (OLA) between Service Owners and other supporting entities in the Agency;
* Ensure Service Owners, Service Area Owners, Service Delivery Managers and supporting entities understand and exercise their roles and responsibilities;
* Support calculation of the Service Rates as per the approved Agency service cost calculation methodology;
* Act as COO Representative in the context of the Service Catalogue and Portfolio, Service Rates and the matters related to the Service Oriented Business Model implementation;
* Represent the Agency at Committees or Working Groups with external stakeholders including the
* Strategic Commands, NATO Office of Resources and NC3 Staff, etc;
* attribute key contributions to Agency reports, both internal and external;
* Develop and deliver internal / external reports, briefs, letters and presentations, as required;
* Deputize for higher grade staff, if required.
* A Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related subject and 2 years post-related experience;
* Or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related subject and 4 years post related experience;
* Or exceptionally, the lack of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
Additionally it would be considered essential that you hold a qualification(s) in ITIL; or equivalent framework.
* At least 2 years' experience in a position of relevance in Business or IT Service Management; and be able to display knowledge and experience involving leading developing and implementing IT Service Based Processes and procedures for the management of service delivery - including adopting the ITIL framework and applying other best practices;
* Experience in identifying and describing services and service breakdown for the service catalogue;
* Experience in implementing service based processes into a large organization;
* Familiarity with various IT services typically offered by the IT department of an organization or by ISPs. Demonstrated knowledge of IT industry jargon including terms, data, equipment, and standard operating procedures;
* Experience in working both with technical teams and with business/customers, being able to convey the business outcomes of the service catalogue through input from technical teams;
* Excellent writing skills; especially in drafting service descriptions, point papers, procedures and preparing presentations;
* Strong stakeholder management skills across a diverse set of stakeholders;
* Proven ability to manage high volume workloads in a challenging environment; including performing several tasks simultaneously; with a flexibility to adapt and change as business needs to evolve.
Further it would be considered highly desirable if you are able to display any experience or knowledge of:
* Conversant with NATO policy and procurement procedures;
* Experience in working with NATO's committee structure;
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
* Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
* Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
* Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
* Writing and Reporting - Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
* Analyzing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
* Adapting and Responding to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
* Coping with Pressures and Setbacks - Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
* A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
* NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices and may be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
What do we offer?
* Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date. We appreciate your patience.