Senior Unix/Linux Engineer (190000IL)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
The Deloitte Analytics Platform Team is a dynamic and highly skilled team responsible for the development and operations of Deloitte's Cloud Analytics Platform. The platform has existed for over 9 years and is constantly evolving and growing in both size and capabilities. Moreover, we deliver complete business solutions powered by our Analytics engines and Development Platform.
* You are responsible for installation, configuration, testing and operations of multiple open source & vendor softwares on a Big Data platform
* You manage multiple Analytics applications in a Linux/Unix context
* You contribute in improving all aspects of the Platform (infra, monitoring, security, scripting, automation, …)
* You perform Maintenances on system and SW level and provide support in 2nd or 3rd level.
* You control the setup, security, deployment on the platform for application developers
* You have expert Unix/Linux skills
* You have experience in working with Virtual machine technology
* You have experience in working with RDBMS
* You have experience with multiple scripting languages (Python, Spark, …)
* You have experience in Big Data technology
* You are interested in Analytics, AI, ML
* You obtained a degree as Industrial Engineer Information Technology or similar;
* You have experience CI/CD or alike processes
* You have a passion for technology and want to excel in it.
* You can work very focused and you are a strong problem-solver
* You are a team player with strong communication skills.
* You have an intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding analytical skills.
* You are open to work in an international environment.
* You are fluent in English. Dutch or French are a plus
* A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
* An inspiring place to work with attention on a positive atmosphere and good team spirit;
* Opportunities for learning where needed;
* An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
: Business Operations