Senior Technician (Technical Support)-190645
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 3,869.44Euro (EUR) Monthly
3000 people are working 24/7 to protect 1 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are the NCI Agency.
If you think that you have the relevant skills and experience, as well as the relevant academic background that match the requirements of the position, and if you would like to work as a part of multinational team in a challenging environment, we would like to hear from you.
NCI Agency CIS Support Unit (CSU) Brussels, located in Brussels (BEL) is the primary Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) service provider for 24/7 support to SecGen, the International Staff (IS), the International Military Staff (IMS) and other customers of the NATO Headquarters in Brussels. CSU Brussels enables end-to-end CIS services as it installs, operates, maintains and supports the full range of CIS capabilities during peacetime, crisis and war throughout its allocated Area of Responsibility (AOR) and as otherwise directed.
Service Support Branch (SSB) executes/contributes to Level 1 support of Incident Management and Request Fulfilment. This branch supports service provision to the local customer as defined in the SLA; this includes the end-to-end service, as well as proactive local Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management. It also installs local software in support of release and deployment management in DAS and ensures that appropriate KPIs are met and reports to Service Lines and Service Management Branch on a regular base.
Under the direction of Section Head, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
* Works with limited supervision;
* Coordinates and conducts work to meet quality targets;
* Investigates and resolves technical issues in a systematic approach;
* Maintains sound knowledge on implemented technologies;
* Advises his/ her superiors and recommends technical solutions;
* Provides level 1 support to end-users in accordance with Agency L1 support processes and procedures, investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution, and possibly supervises staff doing so;
* Records work in Service Management systems, to include cause of failure, updates configuration control records and asset management records to include CMDB updates;
* Suggests escalation of unresolved incidents and facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents;
* Ensures the liaison with local logistics in order to fulfil the level 1 support of end-user ICT assets;
* Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures;
* Applies problem solving skills and experiences in fault resolution;
* Creates and maintains standard operating procedures, processes and support documentation;
* Contributes to the data collection and prcessing for the purpose of incident management reporting;
* Establishes strong working relations with customers and team members;
* Contributes to the implementation of the CSU's and Agency's continual service improvement process;
* Provides support to the Request Fulfilment proceses within the CSU;
* Adapt working hours for special events, to include working occasionally outside normal, possibly extended, working hours;
* Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
* Performs other duties as may be required.
Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience with at least 5 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
In addition to at least 5 years of relevant experience, you will be required to prove:
* be knowledgeable in using service management tools (e.g. BMC Remedy or equivalent);
* have the ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures and NATO policies;
* have extensive knowledge of and experience in the troubleshooting of MS Windows workstation operating system, MS Office and other common desktop applications;
* have very good knowledge of troubleshooting issues experienced by mobile users;
* have very good knowledge of troubleshooting modern communication means;be customer focussed and service oriented;
* have highly effective interpersonal skills in dealing with highly demanding users and under high workload;
* have strong team player skills to contribute to an atmosphere of mutual respect, personal accountability, and professional support;
* ITIL foundation certification.
In addition to the above, it would be considered highly desirable if you are able to display;
* Certification covering the area of ICT User Support (ITIL Service Desk, Incident Response or Problem Practitioner; Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician);
* Broad knowledge of related Windows ICT technologies, such as Group Policy Objects, MS-AD, MS-Exchange, Antivirus, DNS, DHCP, networks;
* Broad knowledge of mobility solutions;
* Broad knowledge of VOIP technology;
* Knowledge of IT administration tools in general.
* Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well;
* Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions;
* Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals;
* Coping with Pressures and Setbacks - Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurized environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life;
* Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
* The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency.
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
* Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.