Senior Specialist, Automation
* Requisition ID: WD154149
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Mar 7, 2018 11:58 AM
* Functional area: Engineering
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
- Provide support and expertize to a core group of technical engineers GSK or Contingents in the development of deep scientific & engineering understanding of manufacturing Operations and in the implementation of good engineering & design practices and solutions to support manufacturing, quality and research operations.
- Act as the Automation Senior Specialist in GSK Vaccines (existing facility upgrades and new facilities - included strategic project) by delivering automation system for different technologies (process equipment, building equipment, utility equipment, environmental monitoring, alarms system, …)
- Challenge and support project, MSAT and asset care teams on complex and transversal issues.
- Proactively ensure and safeguard the quality and capabilities of the manufacturing, quality and research facilities within GSK Vaccines through the implementation of robust process and process support equipment design, installation, and technical guidelines
- Support all GSK Vaccines sites concerning technical troubleshooting, and hands on training based on industry best practices
- Act as support during internal and external inspection
Job scope :
- Ensure regular technical contact with automation expert.
- Ensure automation system and equipment understanding.
- Propose the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price
- Global CAPEX projects conceptual, detailed, and follow up
- Close follow-up of the right Implementation of the solution
- Ensure Benchmarking and technologies watch of Automation System, Equipment and Network
- Analyze the opportunities to improve internal process and system
- Responsible to manage the expert team and to select with his N+1 adequate outsourced resources for short-term need.
- Review and participate in the improvement of the Global Engineering Standards, Technical Standards, to enhance standardization and simplification of design
- Provide expertise support and/or resources to the CAPEX project managers resulting in optimal project execution.
- Act as Expert in his domain of competence on Internal and External Audit (L1,L2,L3,L4).
- Drive specifications in its discipline
- Provide the technical expertise to resolve the complex technical issues
- Design the systems in compliance with GMP, EHS, FDA, GSK requirements
- Implements strict project control and reports to his management (Milestones follow-up and budget) and internal customer
- Execute Continuous Engineering Improvement projects in accordance with our quality Management System requirements
- Lead and motivate empowered contingents/service contractors
- Ensure the retention and keep the knowhow internally
- Manage some Outsourcing mission
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Automation or large expertise in these domains
- 8 - 10 years' experience in the required domain
- Expertise in Project Management
- Expertise in DCS, PLC and SCADA technologies
- Expertise in cGMP
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation system
- Strong technical background in Engineering - Automation system and equipment
- Broad knowledge of Automation Technologies.
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of control, monitoring and data systems
- Extensive knowledge of GSK Vaccines organization (QA-QC-Manufacturing-Regulatory-Validation)
- Good networking inside and outside GSK Vaccines in his discipline
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Has the ability to work fully autonomous
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.