Senior Software Developer
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and the UAE.
Our department is designing digital products and software as a service that integrate the different industrial activities of Laborelec in order to address the needs of our clients.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in our department specialized in Applied Mathematics, Data Science and ICT. The scope is full stack, except front-end: the focus is heavily on the back-end.
If you want to work in an R&D environment, with challenges, with elegant architectures, with new technologies and with great colleagues, this job is for you!
Our technologies and digital environment
Our team works with state-of-the-art technologies and efficient ways of working. To name a few, the architecture is micro-service oriented. The infrastructure and software culture is devops, with infrastructure as code, automated deployment, continuous integration, continuous monitoring and automated unit testing integration testing. The end products are products or software as a service.
In our team, quality and bringing value matter a lot!
In terms of technologies:
- Git, Gitlab, Gitlab CI, PyCharm, Conda, Vagrant, VirtualBox
- Ansible, Docker, Docker Swarm, DockerHub
- Kafka, Redis
- AWS (S3, CloudFront, EC2, KMS, EBS, EFS, RDS, SNS, SES, ELB, Route53)
- MariaDB, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Elastic Search, Elastic Cloud, mongo-engine, sqlAlchemy
- Nginx, Flask, uwsgi, swagger, celery, pytest,
- OAuth2, OpenIDConnect, Okta
- Html5, Angular (although the focus of this mission being on the back-end)
- NewRelic, Fluentd
- 50% technical design of the software source code architecture, analysis and documentation, for projects (50-200 man-days) and large change requests, so as to divide the initial complexity in sub-problems, delegate these to programmers (including yourself) and lead these programmers,
- 50% programming, analysis and documentation,
- in active collaboration with the different business departments of Laborelec and the other members of our team (analysts, other architects, programmers, math experts),
- The scope is full stack, except front-end: the focus is heavily on the back-end.
- You pay attention to the value of what you develop, you challenge the business when relevant.
- You have a master degree in computer science (focus on software development) with full stack abilities
- You excel in technical designing & programming and are willing to learn Python
- You have experience in leading a small team of developers
- You have strong project management skills
- You have an eye for quality, correctness of algorithms and code
- You have general IT knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud software architecture is a plus
- You are fluent in at least two of the following languages : Dutch, French or English
- You are a team player with good communication skills
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
- a competitive salary supplemented by numerous benefits
- a wide range of development and training opportunities
- an exciting career in a leading research and expertise centre, with the possibility of developing your career further within ENGIE, the international energy player of which Laborelec is a part
Your HR contact
Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 02 3820704
Workplace : ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
- Posting Date: Aug 8, 2020