Senior Scientist AAV Vector Biology
Senior Scientist AAV Vector Biology
Date: Jun 19, 2019
Principal Scientist in AAV vector biology
Location: Braine L'Alleud
UCB aspires to be the patient-centric global biopharmaceutical leader transforming the lives of people living with severe diseases. We focus on central nervous system and immunology disorders. Our promise is to help tackle the serious unmet medical needs affecting patients around the world. We now have an exciting opportunity in New Medicines (our research organization) at our site in Braine L'Alleud Belgium, for a Gene Therapy focused molecular biologist in the Neuroscience Discovery group. As part of our continuous evolution, we are building a cross-disciplinary gene therapy platform to address neurologic diseases. This is an exciting role for a talented and experienced molecular biologist to work within the Neuroscience therapeutic area and engage in breakthrough gene therapy research in a vibrant drug discovery environment - inspired by patients, driven by science.
Senior/Principal Scientist in AAV vector biology, Neuroscience Discovery Biology
We are currently hiring a talented molecular biologist to join the Neuroscience Discovery Biology group. The remits of the group include but are not limited to support our pre-clinical CNS small molecule, antibody and gene therapy projects. To further strengthen our capabilities in gene therapy and molecular biology, we are seeking a skilled, lab-based scientist with experience in molecular biology. The candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team implementing and running novel CNS gene therapy projects.
He/she will have experience in design, production and quality control assays of viral vectors (AAV and lentiviral) that will be used for in vitro and in vivo assays. She/He will be providing high quality data and scientific support, keeping up-to-date with relevant scientific literature and pro-actively searching for new methodologies. In order to achieve these goals, the group has access to state-of-the-art equipment and technologies either internally or through international collaborations.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have acquired his/her PhD degree in the field of molecular biology or gene therapy. She/He will be skilled in viral vector design, production and quality control assays (e.g. titration, purity, potency, function). Knowledge in translating preclinical to clinical gene therapy projects for CNS disorders will be considered as additional asset.
Technical & Soft skills
* PhD in molecular biology with proven track record of publications in peer reviewed, high quality scientific journals
* Expertise in AAV vector design, production and quality control assays
* Expertise with mammalian and/or insect cell culture technology
* Analysis of target gene expression by RT-qPCR and/or RNAseq and protein expression by biochemical or histological methods
* Experience with assay development, qualification, and validation
* Strong analytical skills, focused and well organized
* Inspirational and outstanding scientist with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
* A team player and a good networker
* Open and honest with strong, constructive communication and negotiation skills
* Coach and train scientific staff in the use of new technologies
* Represent and promote UCB research activities at internal and external scientific meetings and by publishing studies in peer reviewed journals
* Develop a strong network with academic experts and initiate and run external studies and collaborations
* Work proactively across sites and functions and with external parties
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Neurology, Scientific, Biochemistry, Immunology, Lab Technician, Engineering, Healthcare, Science