Senior PSA Engineer
Senior PSA Engineer
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environme nt
The Department "Nuclear Safety" offers its expertise in licensing, regulatory compliance support and safety assessment.
In this context, "Nuclear Safety" is responsible for the development of probabilistic safety assessment (level 1). These studies aim at modelling the behaviour of a nuclear plant following different initiating events by using event trees and fault trees.
- Coach engineers to perform probabilistic safety assessment in order to meet a.o. the regulatory requirements regarding the development of Seismic and Spent Fuel Pool PSA level 1 (main references: EPRI 3002000709, the EPRI 1025294 and the EPRI 3002005289 for SPSA; EPRI 3002002691). Coordinate the activity between the different stakeholders (fragility computations, system analyses, ...)
- Coach engineers to update the existing internal events models for all Belgian nuclear units (using Risk Spectrum PSA), taking into account:
- Current status of the plant (experience feedback for the development of operating profiles, operating procedures, plant modifications, etc.).
- The State of the Art.
- Evaluation of the existing PSA level 1 models to evaluate their adequacy to perform PSA application
- Support to the Operator in the use of these models for various applications (assessment of plant modification, decision-making process, optimizing the training programs of operators, etc.).
- Contacts, presentation and / or justification of studies with Safety Authorities.
- You have a master's degree in engineering. A Master in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset
- You have at least 15 years of professional experience in PSA level 1 techniques in nuclear energy
- You have a good knowledge of RiskSpectrum PSA software
- An experience in performing Seismic and/or Spent Fuel Pool PSA is an asset
- You have inquiring and critical mind, you are dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic
- You have good knowledge of English. Willing to learn French and/or Dutch is an asset.
- Knowledge of computer Languages (e.g. Visual Basic) is an asset
- You are a team player
- You are able to work autonomously
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: Aug 31, 2020