Senior Principal Technician (Transmission)-180074
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 4,910.62Euro (EUR) Monthly
Do you have experience of provide remote Level 1, 2 and 3 support for Transmission Infrastructure related activities? Do you have experience of performing remote on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of Transmission related services utilizing such technologies as Internet Protocol/MultiProtocol Label Switching - IP/MPLS?
Do you have experience in delivering new capabilities (systems and services) and implementing new technologies as part of work packages under project management delivery?
The NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) are currently looking for a Senior Principal Technician, NATO Security Investment Program (NSIP) (Transmission) to work within our Infrastructure Services Directorate.
The NCI Agency has been established with a view to meeting to the best advantage the collective requirements of some or all NATO nations in the fields of capability delivery and service provision related to Consultation, Command & Control as well as Communications, Information and Cyber Defence functions
The NCI Agency Directorate of Infrastructure Services (DIS) Director of Infrastructure Services (DIS) is accountable for the effective and efficient provision of CIS Infrastructures, and associated Enterprise-wide ICT Services through lifecycle support delivered to the Customer within time, cost and quality parameters and the requirements specified in SLAs.
The Network Services and IT Infrastructure Service Line Chief is accountable and responsible to the DIS for planning and executing all lifecycle management activities for Network services and IT Infrastructure services (strategy, design, transition, operation and continuous service improvement including subject matter expertise, research and development, acquisition and logistic support) in the assigned C3 technical service areas.
Under the direction of the Transmission Infrastructure Services NSIP Cell Head, and mainly under your own initiative, you will be performing the following duties:
· Provide remote Level 1, 2 and 3 support for NSIP Transmission Infrastructure related activities;
· Perform remote on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of NSIP Transmission related services utilizing such technologies as Internet Protocol/MultiProtocol Label Switching - IP/MPLS;
· Assist engineering networking interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment as part of NSIP project execution and early life support;
· Assist with evaluation of incident reports and trend analysis of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks in line with IT service management (ITSM) during NSIP related activities, utilizing best practices and by using available ITSM tools;
· Propose, prepare, verify, and maintain services and systems documentation as part of NSIP activities; this is to include operational advice notices, Level 1/2/3 documentation, system / equipment configuration templates, changes, and scripts accounting for interface standards and procedures as requested and upon each and every change, delivering as well enhancement suggestions and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP);
· Provide specialist advice and knowledge transfer to other staff members on matters concerning specialist competency area, and mentors junior staff;
· Assist in technical reviews to ensure implementation of projects comply with Technical Architecture (TA) for both static and deployable services, as well as to the delivery of Proof of Concept (POC) and System/Services Acceptance tests for new designs and solutions within area of expertise;
· Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to managed services provisioning and design for both NATO General Communications System (NGCS) and Deployable Communication and Information Systems (DCIS) managed systems and services;
· Liaise and collaborate both internally to NCI Agency and externally with services providers and vendors in support of NSIP services delivery and systems support;
· When required, conducts on-site surveys, validations and system acceptance testing within the supporting services area;
· Maintain up-to-date own knowledge and competencies, both at technical and soft skills level, by continuously following technology and industry trends and best practices and supporting this with relevant industry recognized professional certification;
· Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
· Performs other duties as may be required.
You will be required to have vocational training at higher level in a relevant discipline or a higher educational qualification but less practical experience, or a less formal educational background combined with particularly relevant practical experience with at least 10 years of experience in a related field;
In addition, you must hold:
* A valid/active Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA Network Routing Specialist I (NRS I) or higher certification
* A valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) routing and switching or higher certification
If you hold an ITILv3 Foundation, training/certification, it will be considered an asset.
In addition to 10 years of relevant experience, you will also need to have:
· Minimum four years' experience with and in-depth knowledge of Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)/Telco provider networks and services delivery based on Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA Service and Cisco routers and switches;
· Minimum four years proven track record of working within a team of engineering and operations staff to achieve system performance objectives
· Ability to analyze for both service improvement and troubleshooting purposes;
· Minimum four years' experience with the configuration and operation element management, network monitoring and event management tools such as HP Network Automation, Intermapper, Alcatel- Lucent/NOKIA 5620 SAM, Cisco ACS, NOKIA Service Portal, Kiwi Syslog, Splunk;
· Very good knowledge of ICT Systems Engineering and the associated aspects of design, operations, administrations and maintenance, to include networks, interfaces, applications and protocols covering modern communications systems based on IP/MPLS, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), as well as legacy and TDM technology;
· Practical experience in ICT systems and services delivery, to include but not limited to: high and low level designs, technical and functional solution evaluation, testing, implementation, transition, continuous services improvement, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) based delivery;
· One, or more, years' experience in on-line performance, accounting, fault, security and configuration management of smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment;
It is highly desirable if you can display:
· Field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools
· Knowledge and experience on Software Defined Networks (SDN)/Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), cloud based solutions
· Professional experience in customer support, user incident handling, and of ITSM principles and practices by applying a standardized framework;
· Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
· Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation.
Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Planning and Organizing - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Adapting and Responding to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks - Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurized environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCIA offices;
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
* The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
* Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note that due to the Agency's transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date. We appreciate your patience.