Senior Manager Public Sector Strategy Walloon region (190000GL)
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
The Public Sector is about more than just its institutions: it is about citizens and businesses too.
Therefore, we know that when we bring outstanding value to the Public Sector, this in turn has an impact on the citizens and businesses it serves. Based on deep industry expertise, our passionate Public Sector Strategy and Operations (PSO) team uses analysis, assessment and innovation to help our clients reduce administrative burden and costs, and optimise their day-to-day operations. In short, we are committed to supporting clients at all levels, from federal and regional government (Flemish, Walloon and Brussels Government), NATO, European Institutions and Agencies, and local government, in making them more efficient and effective so they have a positive impact on the public.
Key services we provide to our public sector clients involve:
* Providing strategic advice to Public Sector leaders on how to build sustainable organisations
* Innovating the business model, developing strategies focused on transforming the way public organisations deal with their stakeholders and customers
* Optimising the core processes of public organisations by using innovative techniques such as advanced analytics, robotics, cognitive technologies and collaboration tools
* Helping public organisations improve their strategic planning and programming processes, optimizing the way they monitor strategy execution
* Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of public organisations, helping them demonstrate how they deliver added value to citizens and businesses
* Measuring administrative burden, assessing improvement options and suggesting simplification opportunities.
Work you will do
1. Business development & sales
* As a Senior Manager or Director, you will take on a leading role in growing Deloitte Consulting's market in its Walloon Public Sector.
* Through your knowledge of the market, you will drive business development and oversee the account management for many of our Walloon Public Sector clients.
2. Assisting clients
* You will be responsible for assisting our Public Sector clients with innovative and pragmatic solutions in the domains of strategy (implementation), operational excellence and transformation.
* You should be able to provide genuine thought leadership towards both clients and peers in the area of Public Sector consulting and specifically in the domains of strategy (implementation), operational excellence and transformation. As a Senior Manager or Director, you will work together with the PSO team in Belgium, and with Deloitte's Public Sector practitioners on a national, North West Europe and international level.
* You will operate out of our Brussels office, and our offices in the Walloon region (Liège, Charleroi and Tournai).
3. Eminence building
* You will take on a leading role in eminence building and continuous development of our strategy and operations service offering, with a specific focus on the Walloon Public Sector market.
4. Team leadership
* You will join the PSO management team and commit to being a team player.
* You will be responsible for attracting and retaining talent while clearly leading by example. As a leader of a fast-growing and diverse group of skilled people, you will ensure that (together with our HR team) we continue to develop innovative ways to enhance both retention and recruitment of qualified people so that our PSO work environment remains simply irresistible for our people.
* You have a minimum of 8 years' experience, preferably in consulting and business development.
* You have specific hands-on consulting experience in providing pragmatic solutions in the domains of strategy (implementation), operational excellence and transformation.
* You have a passion for the Public Sector, and a strong network in Wallonia
* You truly excel in not only reaching out to new clients in an important growth market for Deloitte, but also nurturing and building long-lasting relationships with existing clients. You are capable of being recognised as a clear trusted advisor to senior management functions within our clients. You thrive on ensuring the highest quality and ethical standards in your client advice and relations.
* You have a clear ability to think outside the box while demonstrating strong communication, entrepreneurial and leadership skills.
* You have a flexible and well-developed sense of initiative, you are able to take responsibility for your own workload and drive a multi-disciplinary group forward.
* You have a true willingness and ability to work as part of an integrated, enthusiastic and multi-disciplinary team.
* You have an excellent command of written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers and Directors across our organisation:
* Guide high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities, with a focus on the public sector in Wallonia
* Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses
* Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What is in it for you
We know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You will work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You will receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
: Strategy, Analytics and M&A