Senior Manager, Logistics Network Operations Lead
Belgium - Zaventem
Pfizer is a research-based, global biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives through the discovery, development and manufacture of healthcare products.
The Senior Manager, Logistics Network Operations Lead is responsible for the end-to-end service and cost of the logistics delivery functions required for the movement of product within the Pfizer Intercompany network. Ensures an efficient and effective set-up of logistics delivery functions to support all supply flows out of EMEA and from all IO Logistics Centers (LCs). Activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Accountable for driving network adherence to logistics delivery process, standards and compliance.
* Delivers logistics performance and cost commitments
* Serves as a member of the Logistics Center Zaventem (LCZ) Management Team
* Builds, leads and develops a diverse team of colleagues
* Responsible for managing Logistics Delivery Operations interface with Above Market Planning (AMP) Hubs, driving logistics planning and execution efficiencies
* Manages external logistics provider "control towers" to ensure service and cost outcomes are optimized
* Ensures compliant life cycle management of freight forwarder operations, from onboarding to offboarding, inclusive of direct and indirect support to internal and external GDP auditing
* Owns EMEA surface transport program
* Leverages industry knowledge and drives internal and external benchmarking initiatives
* Drives change management and continuous improvement efforts
* Actively leads by example to drive the end-to-end mindset, behaviors and capabilities of the organization
* Connects Logistics Delivery Operations with all E2E stakeholders (ex. Logistics centers, plants, markets, supply chain, quality operations etc.). Owns resolution and corrective action planning for all Logistics Delivery Operational issues. Sets up and proactively manages an effective stakeholders' communication framework
* Provides Leadership as well develops and grows a team of managers and individual contributors. Actively engages in developmental and project assignments, workload distribution, hard and soft skill development, behavior and recognition. Act as member of IO LCZ Leadership team
* Manages external logistics providers to ensure service levels and capacity are appropriately matched to business and changing regulatory requirements and investigate opportunities for further value creation improvements through optimizations, consolidations, dynamic routing, etc. This scope includes International Air, Ocean, EMEA Surface and related cross docking operations.
* Deliver a bottom-up and activity-based budget for each site under his/her responsibility in close collaboration with business partners such as Logistics Delivery Operations colleagues, Network Supply Operations, Local/Regional Supply chain and the Site colleagues.
* Utilize and Promote Operational Excellence and continuous improvement principles, identify creative, sustainable solutions that achieve required service, cost and quality results. Create, manage and prioritize an ongoing list of opportunity projects. Monitor results of completed projects to ensure sustained compliance.
* Understand and communicate to all stakeholders' future service and cost impacts resulting from changes in market conditions, network changes, product volume / mix changes, mode changes, etc.
* Proactively manages reviews and reacts to Key Performance Indicators and coordinate operations and business reviews with logistics providers and internal stakeholders.
* Leverages Logistics Platform Solutions tools capabilities. Collaborate actively with Intercompany operations enabling teams (Logistics Platform Services, Business Technology, and Finance) to understand and further develop strategies and tools to support Logistics Delivery Operations functions, especially related to financial management, operations KPI's, planning and optimization, and visibility processes.
* Master or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Management), Supply Chain or Logistics is required or any appropriate work experience.
* 7-10 years Pharmaceutical and/or high volume Consumer Goods industry experience or experience with a global logistics services provider.
* Leadership skills for direct reports as well external partners as well as senior management
* Project Management experience/skills
* Strong cross-functional relationships
* Ability to work with a lot of variables and data and synthesize to drive management decision making
* Good computer literacy (MS office, Transportation Management / Optimization Tools, SAP MM/SD modules, etc.)
* Lead change management processes
* Experience within cold chain logistics
* APICS CSCP or CPIM certification
* BI experience
* Operational Excellence/Lean logistics Yellow/Green belt
* Dynamic with strong analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* End-to-End, Customer Centric mindset
* High level of self-motivation
* Ability to handle situations of high pressure (critical shipments) and quick decision making
* Ability to work autonomously as well as in teams; including leading multi-functional and geographically dispersed project teams
* Ability to travel internationally (20% as well as participate in meetings outside of normal business hours)
# LI - PFE
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.