Job Description - (Senior) Manager Learning Technology (1800007B)
(Senior) Manager Learning Technology (1800007B)
Learning for me is …
A shift is going on towards dynamic, self-directed, continuous learning opportunities in the workspace, which has changed the face of 'Learning & Development' in the corporate world. Our team supports clients by transforming and optimizing their learning organization. We pursue alignment of the learning strategy to the business strategy and create leading edge learning programs based on continuous learning. To enable a great learning experience, we develop high-end learning materials supported by state-of-the-art learning technology.
Within Learning Solutions, we are convinced that the experience with the medium is as important as the message. Our technology solutions enable learning in the most ideal conditions and connect employees with coaches, peers and experts, empowering them to control their professional and personal development. Our LMS implementations (e.g. Totara Learn, Cornerstone OnDemand) include integrations with other HR applications, inspiring UX designs, learning analytics, e-commerce functionalities and much more.
What you love to do …
* Help our business grow by leading development activities such as developing and responding to opportunities, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
* Share your experiences and vision on the (learning) technology market, its trends and movements with the team.
* Co-define the learning technology team and personal ambitions
* Coach the team towards results, and be an inspiring leader
* Be a trusted advisor on learning technology for clients - being their go-to person for all architectural and implementation challenges.
* Be responsible for designing and optimizing the learning technology ecosystem of our client in order to drive a personalized, compelling, and impactful learning experience for the end-users. You recognize the technical and functional strengths and limitations of a learning system and optimally align these with the overall talent strategy and processes. And all that while keeping a close eye on scope, budget and timing with your insane project management skills.
Your digital DNA
* Holding a master degree (or a Bachelor's degree with equivalent years of related professional experience) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Human Resources, or related field;
* Experienced within a similar role for minimum 7 years, including client-facing consulting role(s);
* A born leader who can deal with diverse teams;
* A hands-on manager who is experienced in designing and implementing technology solutions in a service-oriented environment;
* A professional with a proven track record of successful client HRIS/LMS implementation(s);
* A dedicated project manager, including defining project scope and budget, creating project plans, managing project resources, risk mitigating, issue resolution, and reporting status;
* Our Product Owner, with the capability to bridge the gap between the business and technical delivery teams;
* Familiar with the core Agile principles and values as well as user stories and acceptance criteria creation;
* An excellent communicator, able to rationalize complex information to make it understandable for others to work with;
* A team player who is relationship-focused and keen on sharing knowledge and inspiring others in an international company context;
* A charismatic sales person who is able to identify business development opportunities and convert these into projects;
* Independent but equally loving to work in a highly collaborative team-setting;
* A problem solver using innovative solutions;
* Good at writing, verbal communication and presentation skills (English + Dutch and/or French);
* Loving to travel to client locations.
You ticked all boxes, great!
What can you expect?
* A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are limitless;
* An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
* Working within an entrepreneurial team of pioneers with ambitious growth plans in the coming years;
* A large diversity in project engagements;
* The opportunity to take part in shaping the Learning Solutions service and Deloitte as a whole;
* Our business activities are located in Deloitte's Gateway office based in Brussels and a local office in Ghent. Projects could be both nationally (BE) or internationally (EU) based.
: Human Capital