(Senior) Manager HEOR
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing management consulting, accounting and auditing services and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
Monitor Deloitte is our strategy consulting practice providing services ranging from Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Customer & Marketing Strategy and Innovation Strategy to Pricing and Demand Analytics, Post-Merger Integration and Business Transformation as a means to assist organizations in addressing their toughest challenges in our dynamic world.
As a member of our Monitor Deloitte team, you will help our clients to address business-critical issues, and support executive level decision makers in finding solutions to answer complex strategic dilemmas.
Monitor Deloitte Market Access Strategy and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team based in Brussels, is made up of clinical and pharmaco-economics specialists. The team provides customized technical and strategic advisory services to the healthcare industry. Their robust health economic support helps their clients turn the challenges associated with market access, reimbursement and HTA requirements into positive and compelling commercial market access opportunities.
Technical lead on health economics modelling
- Understanding the business needs and develop ad hoc health technology assessment (cost-effectiveness, cost-utility, budget impact, burden of disease calculators) leveraging the team capabilities in health economics and from other specialized team within Deloitte (e.g. Digital team)
- Understand the impact of health technology assessment tools on the pricing and reimbursement environment (a thorough understanding of pricing and reimbursement conditions in different European countries is desirable)
- Responsible for the development of the health technology assessment tools and responsible for their quality insurance
Supervising the ancillary activities related to the development of such tools as but not limited to: literature review to source the required inputs (costs and clinical) to health economics models and analyses, ad hoc databases analyses (e.g. pricing, resource utilization)
- Provide input to the development of complex pricing and reimbursement solutions (i.e. managed entry agreements, value based care)
- Responsible for the delivery of the support materials for completed health technology assessment studies, e.g. reports and training programmes
- Communicate study results in both written and oral communication with internal and client leadership
Client Responsibility/ Business development
- As a project manager you will be acting as a first point of contact for clients and will be responsible for taking essential decisions for your project and following-up with your clients
- You will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and recognizing opportunities for new business and will contribute to the proposal writing and sometimes to the proposal defence with clients
- At different congresses and external events you will be responsible for the representation and promotion of the company
- Leading internal initiatives to leverage analytics to enhance the portfolio of services offered to our clients
Leadership and line management responsibilities
- To mentor a team of business analysts and (senior) consultants to ensure the team achieves high performance
- To provide technical training for the team and maintain quality control to ensure deliverables are produced to meet or exceed client expectations
Successful candidates will have a degree from a top-tier academic institution, have several years of relevant experience in the field, and the ability to meet each of the following criteria:
- Experience required: 3-6 years of experience in health economic modelling (preferably gained in a global pharma consulting environment)
- Skills of interest: Advanced health economic modelling, Project management, Client interaction, Technical proposal writing
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical market learned by experience
- You hold a degree in economics or health economics or applied statistics or related area
- Numerate and strong quantitative skills - able to work in Excel, decision-support and statistical packages
- High level of literacy - able to appraise evidence critically and write reports and manuscripts in clear, concise language as required by the type of work
- Excellent knowledge of key deliverables associated to health economic modelling: global value dossiers, value stories/packs, interactive value argument presentations including budget impact models
- Proficient in consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to these areas
- In-depth understanding of outcomes research and/or economic theory and the ability to apply this in practice
- Experienced in project management with proven time management and personal organisational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to build strong business relationships
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); strong business/scientific written English
- Intellectually powerful and agile: curious, rigorous, and creative
- Emotionally intelligent: high ability to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust; to collaborate in teamwork settings with colleagues and clients; and to balance inquiry and advocacy in all personal interactions
- Comfortable with working on difficult issues where there can be no definitive "right" answer; patient in the face of uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity
- Capable of working on multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.