(Senior) Manager Flemish Public Sector
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to private and public organization and small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
Within our Finance & Operations Risk Transformation team of Deloitte Risk Advisory, we are currently looking for a (m/f/x):
(Senior) Manager Flemish Public Sector
with focus on Risk Advisory finance, operations and risk transformation
- Being comfortable working in the Flemish Public Sector for Risk Advisory services, primarily across Flemish Administrations and Local Flemish Governments. You will be developing effective client relationships;
- Project focus on clients, from sales through to defining and executing of the project delivery;
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of Public Institutions specific requirements;
- Delivering a portfolio of finance or operational, organization and process risk-related engagements (e.g. organizational or thematic audits) across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organization;
- Having a broad perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture;
- Contributing to the development of the Deloitte services for Public sector by identifying opportunities for improving the value our services provide to clients and the efficiency of our go to market activity;
- Leading the development and implementation of existing and new market propositions across finance and operational, organization and process risk services, collaborating closely with appropriate colleagues throughout the organization;
- Attracting world-class talent to Deloitte and further develop and mentor our people.
- You obtained a master degree in economics or engineering or equally by experience;
- You have a strong financial and/or operational risk background and 6+ years of experience;
- You have a background in public accounting and/or public sector processes and organizations;
- You are a hands-on person, result-oriented and quality-driven and you have outstanding analytical skills;
- You have extensive experience with directing, preparing, reviewing and presenting client proposals, reports and presentations;
- You are a team player, but can also work independently;
- You know how to deliver exceptional client services;
- You are a born entrepreneur and leader;
- You can influence clients, teams and individuals positively, lead by example and establish confident relationships with increasingly senior people. Acting as a trusted advisor is one of your core habits;
- You easily understand the key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to those objectives and set priorities and direction;
- Coaching others to success is your natural playfield;
- Thanks to your good social and communication skills you know how to adapt to different types of environments;
- You have excellent project and time management skills;
- You have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting client relationships;
- You demonstrable the ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience and judgement;
- Delivery of high quality complex projects including effective program, project, financial and people management;
- Ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities;
- Self-confidence/enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
- You have fluent language skills in Dutch and English (French is a plus).
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities, in a strong performing industry;
- A stimulating function with high-level responsibilities.