Senior Manager Epidemiology and Health Economics
* Requisition ID: WD174926
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Jul 10, 2018 12:17 PM
* Functional area: Epidemiology and Health Outcomes
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
The Senior Manager - Epidemiology and Health Economics provides support to the development and implementation of the epidemiology and health economics action plan for the Emerging Markets region. He/she also provide supports in overseeing all epidemiologic activities for the designated areas in the Emerging Markets region. GSK Biologicals in EM currently covers vaccine activities in the following areas of countries clustered in sub-areas termed EM-East, EM-Central, India, China, GAVI and & Export markets.
* To support the development and conduct of Epidemiology and Health Economics studies in the EM region.
* To co-ordinate the planning, implementation and analysis of epidemiologic and health economics activities in support of vaccine development projects in EM region. Conduct literature reviews on a need basis.
* To oversee and ensure execution of financial and other agreements with external collaborators.
* To identify innovative and cost effective methods to evidence generation activities and Customize global HE models or analyses to fit the local setting
* To ensure full compliance of all operations with all appropriate local medical, ethical, and regulatory standards, in accordance with global GSK policies.
* To maintain and expand research programs in vaccine-preventable disease or related areas in collaboration with the Director Epidemiology in the region. Develop and negotiate research plans with external collaborators in academia, contract research organizations, and groups managing electronic data sources
* To present the company position on epidemiology and health economics to regulatory agencies and other external authorities in the EM region
* To support Global evidence generation team. Develop or review study protocols & budgets, and present proposals to the global access teams or streams, and to the global or regional technical review committees for their endorsement
* To provide support to development of and participation in advisory boards of relevance to EM region
* Drive all the tasks related to the development of health economic analyses to be part of a vaccine tender dossier or other dossier by working closely with the Medical Affairs, Commercial and Epidemiology functions in the regional office, in the LOCs and at global level.
* Develop or review study reports
* Plan and drive presentations and publications of health economics / health outcomes data, in consultation with regional / LOC Medical Affairs and other functions, and in collaboration with the regional Publications' Coordinator.
* Ensure appropriate archiving of key documents related to studies
Why You?Basic qualifications:
* The ideal candidate should have a degree epidemiology and or health economics (MS, PhD).
* He/she should have at least three years of research experience both in epidemiology and heath economics.
* Advanced training in the principles of epidemiologic study design, conduct, and quantitative analytical methods used for such studies .Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside Epidemiology, and to influence decisions.
* Working expertise on vaccine-preventable diseases and infectious diseases in the field of health economics / health outcomes is advantageous.
* Ability to understand the business of Epidemiology and health economics in the pharmaceutical industry and its role in vaccine development. Strong statistical skills and the ability to review the statistical and epidemiological literature to identify appropriate methodology to achieve research goals.
* Recognized excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an added value.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.