Senior Engineers in Power Electricity - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001966 Requisition #
Senior Engineers in Power Electricity - Nuclear
Business Entity Belgium
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
We are looking to reinforce the "Electricity" Competence Centre.
This Centre provides competences to cover electrical activities in projects related to:
All the techniques and processes linked to power electrical installations and systems in nuclear electricity generation units, i.e:
- primary circuit;
- systems and installations linked to nuclear safety;
- conventional water-steam cycle;
- handling and storage installations for nuclear fuel.
All the techniques and processes linked to power electrical installations and
systems in thermal and renewable electricity generation and/or steam production units. The fuels considered are coal, fuel oil, natural gas, synthetic gas and biomass but also including renewable sources:
- conventional steam power plants;
- gas turbines;
- combined cycle generation;
- combined heat and power;
- concentrated solar power;
You must be able to manage the various aspects relating to electrical power for construction or renovation projects at conventional and nuclear power stations. In addition, you must be able to take on the following tasks :
* Take charge of design, use of calculation softwares, perform renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and régulations;
* Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of electrical systems, including generators, generator protections, generator breakers, power transformers, MV and LV motors, AC and DC electrical boards, DC and Safe AC systems, emergency diesel generating sets, cabling,...;
* As Contract Owner take charge of the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of electrical equipment or services;
* Oversee the management of interfaces relating to other technical disciplines or with the customer's installation;
* Conduct a technical-commercial follow-up of contracts;
* Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems;
* Provide consulting in the field of electrical systems of nuclear and conventional generation units.
Keep an eye on changes on the market, best practices as well as advances in electrical/ nuclear standards and regulatory requirements;
* Participate in the improvement of methods used in the electrical engineering field for nuclear generation units.
* You have got a master of electrical or electromechanical engineering with a least three (Design) / ten (Senior) years' experience in the electrical field, preferably in the field of nuclear power electrical systems that include classification and qualification of nuclear safety functions;
* For the Expert role, you must have a huge experience in the expertise domain, very good theorical understanding of stationary and transitory electrical laws and phenomena, deep knowledge of various electrical systems, ageing phenomena,…able to interpret interactions with mechanical aspects;
* You must have an interest in the analysis and research of solutions to a variety of technical problems in the area of electrical power systems;
* You have proficient knowledge of Dutch/French and a good grasp of French/Dutch and English;
* You are motivated and able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team;
* Customer-satisfaction must be part of your day-to-day vision;
* You have a dynamic personality and a proactive and innovative approach to work;
* You are independent and have an acute sense of responsibility. You are rigorous;
* You are mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term);
* You are BA4 or BA5, and have a VCA certification.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Jun 17, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.