Senior Energy Strategy Consultant
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001929 Requisition #
Energy transition - Renewable - consulting - energy economics - sustainable
Senior Energy Strategy Consultant
TRACTEBEL-ENGIE's mission is to build the world of tomorrow by offering its clients leading and tailor-made engineering and consulting services in the fields of energy, water and infrastructure. Moreover, Tractebel-Engie wants to play an active role in the world we live in by developing solutions that reduce the impacts on the climate and bring electricity to all.
Within Tractebel Advisory & Advanced Analytics (T3A), the Advanced Analytics department offers a wide range of expertise: Optimization Bucket Identification, Operation Research (model-based optimization), Machine Learning (data-based optimization, artificial intelligence), Data Visualization (unlocking the value generated for the customer).
Tractebel Advisory is specialized in technical and economical optimization, aiming to offer a direct impact on the financial balance of our customers: Predictive maintenance (Wind, Solar, Hydro Production, Industry ...), urban networks of heat and cold, electricity transmission and distribution networks, optimization of smart grids (smart grids taking into account electric vehicles and mobility), optimization of the commercial fleet, storage of gas, energy trading, etc.
T3A works in project mode throughout the entire value chain, from understanding customer's needs to industrialization at the customer.
Tractebel Advisory & Advanced Analytics is now becoming ENGIE Impact !
The Senior Energy Strategy Consultant conducts strategic, market and techno-economic analyses in the broad field of the energy transition.
He/she conceptualizes complex questions and thinks creatively on topics in the rapidly changing energy field. He/she is familiar with developing a scenario-approach in terms of underlying market drivers, technology developments, etc. Furthermore, he/she is delivers insights into the economics of new energy applications based on a deep understanding of the functioning of energy markets and the behavior of actors in a competitive setting.
He/she detects and structure new consulting proposals and shapes new products and services, pre-dominantly in the field of decarbonization strategies for cities, regions and corporations.
Together with project teammates and with all stakeholders, he/she shall provide high level added-value consulting services in the following domains:
Strategic and Prospective Studies & Emerging Business Models
* Analyses evolutions in the energy sector
* Analyses the market and competitive environment: actors, competitive landscape and new business models
* Propose and develop innovative business models to be deployed for new products and services
* Works out the economic side of business plans of potential strategic moves, transactions across the whole value chain and sheds light on the market risks.
Energy Economics related to Decarbonisation
* Carries out simulation-based techno-economic assessment of specific applications (e.g. Prosumer applications in B2C, B2B and Industry, Microgrids, energy storage, smart EV charging, Hybrid products with RES and integrated Storage, etc. )
* Contributes to the specification of simulation, optimization and data analytics tools to assess and deploy innovative energy system applications
* Defines masterplans/roadmaps to support clients (utilities, industrials, public authorities) in their transition to a more efficient and sustainable energy use.
* University degree in applied economics, mathematics/physics, (commercial) engineering or business administration; an MBA/PhD is an asset.
* 5 to 8+ years of work experience in the energy sector and/or in management consultancy with focus on energy/sustainability.
* Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch. Any other language is an asset.
* Experience in international consultancy services, proven by the number and variety of assignments.
* Experience in providing consulting services to Institutional actors (European Commission; Governmental bodies, regulatory authorities;..) is a plus.
* A sound understanding of energy economics and capability to think on a strategic level.
* Familiar with industrial, network and regulatory economics.
* Good analytical skills and used to work on quantitative issues with simulation models, preferably in the energy business.
* You are keen to work in a forward-looking and intellectually challenging environment.
* Experience in project management i.e. dealing with multiple stakeholders, managing internal and external resources, budgets etc.
* Strong communication skills; able to synthesize a complex matter and to assertively present and defend analyses in front of top executives.
* A good team spirit and ability to work in cross-functional and multi-cultural organizations.
* Motivated by the ambition of ENGIE Impact to provide strategic consultancy in sustainability for clients in order to help them reach decarbonization objectives.
* Geographically mobile occasionally for short missions all over the world.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment at the forefront of the strategy of the ENGIE Group via ENGIE Impact.
* A boost in professional growth and development via Tractebel School and ENGIE University.
* An attractive compensation package guaranteed by our Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
* Office location : Brussels
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: May 28, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.