Senior Energy Economist - T3A
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001588 Requisition #
TRACTEBEL-ENGIE's mission is to build the world of tomorrow by offering its clients leading and taylor-made engineering and consulting services in the fields of energy, water and infrastructure. Moreover, Tractebel-Engie wants to play an active role in the world we live in by developing solutions that reduce the impacts on the climate and bring electricity to all.
Within Tractebel Advisory & Advanced Analytics (T3A), the Advanced Analytics department offers a wide range of expertise: Optimization Bucket Identification, Operation Research (model-based optimization), Machine Learning (data-based optimization, artificial intelligence), Data Visualization (unlocking the value generated for the customer).
T3A Advanced Analytics is specialized in technical and economic optimization, aiming to offer a direct impact on the financial balance of our customers: Predictive maintenance (Wind, Solar, Hydro Production, Industry ...), urban networks of heat and cold, electricity transmission and distribution networks, optimization of smart grids (smart grids taking into account electric vehicles and mobility), optimization of the commercial fleet, storage of gas, energy trading, etc.
T3A works in project mode throughout the entire value chain, from understanding customer's needs to industrialization at the customer.
For its projects, Tractebel-T3A is currently looking for a
Senior Energy Economist
The Energy System Consulting team of Tractebel (Advisory and Advanced Analytics) delivers high level worldwide consulting on Power Systems. The services cover Generation, Transmission and Distribution Master Planning, Load-demand forecast studies, technico-economic feasibility of electrical interconnections, investment feasibility, …
These services are provided by combining technical skills and economical competences in the field of Power Systems. Our clients are National Energy authorities, Regional Energy organizations, Transmission or Distribution System Operators and International Financing Institutions such as the World Bank.
As Senior Economist, you will contribute to the development of expertise, team coaching and project management within the Energy System Planning team. This team has a world class expertise in Power Systems recognized at international levels. and is the center of excellence of ENGIE Group for all related topics.
* International consultancy services in techno-economic feasibility, master planning studies, tariff studies, …
* Project management at an international level dealing with planning and economics of the energy systems: client/partner/subcontractors relationships, presentation of the results, …
* Project team management by ensuring the coordination and coaching of the (international) team involved on the project;
* Quality of the results by drafting adequate methodology and interpretation of the results;
* Technical coaching of juniors;
* Development of innovative concepts and methodologies;
* Contribution to the development and improvements of tools dedicated to techno-economic feasibility and planning optimization (specifications).
* You hold a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, ideally with a specialisation in power systems, or a Master's degree in Economics;
* You have at least 5 years of experience in energy economics and/or energy system planning (techno-economic modelling and simulation);
* You have proven experience in international consultancy services and project management;
* You have preferably a financial background;
* You have a strong interest in the power systems and its various components and complex systemic interactions;
* You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work;
* You are fluent in English. English native and/ French are an asset;
* You are willing to accept short or mid-term missions all over the world.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Feb 13, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.