Senior Electrical Engineer (Offshore Wind)
For our Offshore Division, located in Hoboken, we are looking for a s enior electrical engineer Offshore Wind.
In the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, as an senior electrical engineer, y ou will work in a multi-disciplinary project team and shall be responsible for the engineering activities related to the different systems of your specialty (expertise). You will be responsible for the design and delivery of a set of electrical systems and will report to the lead electrical engineer or engineering manager. This will be either in a project or a tender environment.
Find out what your next professional challenge will be and apply now!
- prepare integrated concept designs, outline specifications, technical specifications for systems and equipment, functional specifications together with partners where appropriate
- translate client's and statutory requirements in appropriate technical documents (Request For Proposal - Technical part) to be used by the procurement team to obtain "best in class" conditions (at bidding phase and execution phase)
- lead the engineering activities for the allocated systems and monitor quality, assess input from engineering team, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
- prepare the operations & maintenance manuals to be delivered to customers
- incorporate appropriate maintenance engineering in the design and provide support to the in-house Monitoring & Maintenance department
- provide support towards construction & commissioning: definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered
Do you possess the following qualifications & skills?
- university level degree, master of science in engineering (electrical/electromechanical)
- excellent knowledge and minimum 10 years of experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities (in the field of your specialty/expertise) related to offshore applications
- track record related to offshore substations (OHVS) is a clear asset
- experience with industry guidelines and electrical software applicable to the design of an OHVS is a strong preference, specifically:
- knowledge of IEC60364/IEC61439/IEC 61892
- experience with AutoCad and Eplan software
- experience with Caneco software
- experience with French rules and regulations is a preference
- leadership capabilities and experience in supervising a subcontractor in an international context
- able to manage good relationships with project management team, the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE's interests
- communication skills: English, knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is an added value
ENGIE Solutions is a major player in the growing European offshore windfarm sector. Constantly seeking innovative solutions, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
ENGIE Solutions guides its B2B customers in their sustainable transformation, ranging from design to installation, and focuses on three major customer segments: cities, industries and buildings. To make these ecosystems greener and more energy efficient, but also more attractive, competitive and comfortable, ENGIE Solutions offers a wide range of turnkey solutions and financing options. The teams are as close as possible to the customers, with 56 offices spread across the country.
ENGIE Solutions offers you
Working at ENGIE Solutions is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.
Your HR contact: Annick Verelst
Workplace: Leo Bosschartlaan 1, 2660 Hoboken
- Posting Date: Sep 9, 2020