Senior Data Engineer
Our client is currently introducing an Azure data lake for both analytical device (raw and derived) data, as well as metadata from the experimental workflow. The purpose of this position is to work in close collaboration with the scientists and develop standardized and automated tabular and visual reports. Data needs to be extracted from the Microsoft Azure data lake and automatically populate the report.
The applicant will work within a team of software engineers but is expected to work autonomously and proactively with the scientists. In particular in the early phase, multiple technologies can be experimented such as Spotfire, PowerBI, inhouse web applications on Azure VM.
2 steps mission :
- Vizualation : somebody more senior who can help explore and lead the discussions with scientists to find what we need.
- Operational mode : with the chosen program make reports from the data, putting together Help Rockeville and Sienna
- Development of many automated reports according to priority defined by the clients governance
- Focus on maintainability of the proposed solution
- Identification of common elements, e.g. for data querying
- Be the window person between Tech (for technical questions) and scientists (users)
Not Big data engineer : difficulties finding the title of the position
Walter Hoyer : Technical R&D - team of soft engineers (small niche applications development)
Aim to provide analytical data - able to gain benefit for the scientists
Tools : power, spotfire (standard gsk tools)
Big data : nothing on machine learning, no development of a tool but could be explored. Expectation is to be responsive and create some valuable, starting with standard tools and then to build our own maybe.
Tools : powerBI + spotfire + Mylab data
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone of course.
- Language : English (FR a plus but not mandatory)
- Seniority : Senior
- GxP experience : is a plus
- Pharma knowledge : not necessary relevant but easier to understand scientists but at least seen a lab to facilitate conversations
- Able to understand the table in the data, no complex engineer himself
- Understand the language of tech and talk with the scientists.
- Business analyst could be good profile
- Good programming skills, knowledge in automatic testing is a plus
- Experience with data bases (mysql, postgresql, data bricks)
- Knowledge of automated reporting (tabular and visualization)
- Proactive and customer focused
- Being able to compare and evaluate alternative solutions
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience,
- meal vouchers
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number : 17095