Senior Consultant Data Analyst/Data Scientist (190000N5)
* Appealed by the world of Data Analytics and Big Data?
* A real problem-solver who can critically asses any situation and provide appropriate answers and solutions?
* Considering learning and knowledge sharing as key for your professional development?
* Ready for a tailor-made career where you will fine-tune your analytical and critical thinking skills?
As (Senior) Consultant Data Analyst / Data Scientist you will:
* Gather, clean and sample data to get suitable for further analysis.
* Develop and demonstrate improved analysis methodologies and educate fellow team member and stakeholders
* Act independently to identify opportunities for improved analysis or improved efficiency through better use of statistical tools
* Be an in-between the data science team and the data engineering team, keeping in mind the challenges on both sides
* Make big amounts of data tell stories and create change the client's organization
* Deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions
* Work in a multidisciplinary team on projects in diverse industries, with a distinct interest for the business value of the data and the business context
* Excel by delivering qualitative results and maintaining strong client relationship.
* PhD in a relevant field like statistics, computer science or applied maths, physics or relevant subjects; or MSc with 4+ years of experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline.
* Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations
* Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis and analytic approaches in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
One or more of the following:
* Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language such as R, Python, or other
* Experience with big data tools like Apache Spark or Hadoop
* Experience with UNIX operating systems and bash shell
* Familiarity with relational databases and SQL-like query languages
* Experience with performant geospatial analysis and geospatial visualization.
* Experience with managing data analytics projects and steering teams;
* You are a creative person, result-oriented and quality-driven and you have good communication skills;
* Thanks to your good social, communication and presentation skills you know how to adapt to different types of environments and audiences.
* You are a team player, but can also work independently;
* You are fluent in English; Dutch and French is an additional asset;
* Consulting experience is an asset;
* Prepared to travel up to 30% of your time.
* A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged
* A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching.
* An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits
* Real career opportunities
: Risk Advisory
: Risk Advisory