Senior Consultant Indirect Tax
ALL0028P Requisition #
Jun 20, 2018 Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at www.ey.com/careersbelgium.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition - Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime - is a reality.
Our Tax department counts in Belgium about 350 employees who render advice in :
* Business/Corporate Tax
* Individual Income Tax
* Indirect Tax (VAT, customs and excises)
* International Tax and Transfer Pricing
* Transaction Tax
Within EY our VAT department provides companies with support and advice on VAT in relation to their entire business. Our focus is on the one hand on VAT advisory in our client's daily activities. On the other hand, we are seeking operational efficiencies for our clients as well as measures for improving their working capital. Examples include VAT optimization of their real estate, setting up VAT groups, reviewing and automating the VAT set-up in their ERP systems, implementing electronic invoicing and archiving solutions, tax effective supply chain management, … Equally so, the team assists companies in their dealings with internal VAT procedures and exposures. We have clients in all industry sectors as well as in the governmental and not for profit sector.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our VAT department in Antwerp or Ghent.
We invite you to consult our website to find out more about our tax department, our other service lines and our values.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant in the Indirect Tax department, you will actively work on the finalized deliverables on projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax. Your main responsibilities are:
* Assist and advise clients regarding VAT matters, both nationally and internationally.
* Dealing with a variety of assignments, including participating in meetings allowing you to start building trusted relationships with our clients.
* Stay up-to-date regarding market changes, upgrade your VAT technical expertise and develop a broader knowledge around your client portfolio.
* Maintain long-term collaborative and profitable relationships with your client and pro-actively identify and inform of possible new missions or opportunities in the existing portfolio
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with your colleagues of the team and supervise work (quality, workload, …) of juniors and escalate observation to the executive
* Actively participate to the training and coaching session of your development plan and be responsible for the development of your own technical knowledge.
We are looking for candidates with the following background
* Master's degree in law or economics, commercial engineer or a comparable background.
* At least 2 years of relevant experience in another big four, in a tax law firm in Belgium or in the VAT authorities.
* Fluent in Dutch & English; good knowledge of French.
* Able to work autonomously in the delegated responsibilities and translate your technical skills in practical solution-oriented advice creating added value for our clients.
* Market and client focused, ambitious with a positive attitude and you feel that the success of the team is equally important as your individual success.
* Team player with sound communication skills.
* Challenging work in a globally integrated, dynamic and high quality organization.
* An environment to enrich both your personal and your professional life.
* Coaching and training facilities to further develop your technical and soft skills.
* A competitive salary and benefits package.