Senior Backend Engineer Cumul.io
If you are up for a challenge and want to build applications handling billions of records per day for our clients, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior Backend Data Engineer to design, implement and ship new features.
What this job will offer.
- You will be able to work on an industry-leading visualization platform serving large clients, in many sectors
- Solve problems at scale: instead of building solutions for 1 client, your work will be seen and used by hundreds
- Coaching by a great engineering team: both on a technical and professional level
- And of course, a competitive salary
What this job expects of you.
You'll be responsible for developing new core data services for ingestion, processing, analysis & querying of customer datasets within the Cumul.io platform and maintaining and improving the code base and work alongside and train junior engineers.
Who we are.
Cumul.io is a Leuven & New York-based technology company.
Cumul.io has a very international team. The official language is English; we strongly encourage written over oral communication to aid remote collegues and be interrupted less often.
Our company is currently organized in 5 teams:
- Product: designing & engineering new features & bug fixes, ensuring a smooth running infrastructure and the occasional technical workshop with a (potential) client
- Marketing: optimizing & spreading our vision, building out public relations
- Sales: SDR
- Customer Success: client onboarding & first-line contact, building out our first-aid resources (webinars, academy, ...)
- Solution Engineering: small BU offering professional services to clients who want to outsource the full development of a platform integration
We look for people who can get things done. We like giving end-to-end ownership & responsibility over a project to you, and then get out of the way. Meetings are limited to 3 fixed slots per week: 1 team meeting, 1 one-on-one and our Friday afternoon 'all-hands' meeting.
To get to know each-other better in an informal setting, we regularly set out for burritos / fajitas or go to the beautiful Belgian Ardennes for a nature hike, via ferrata or 2-day retreat.
At Cumul.io, we believe that hard work should be punctuated by hard breaks. You are boss over your own life, including choosing your own working hours. We offer an unlimited holiday policy and you are encouraged to spend your weekends and time-off off-line & undisturbed.
Who we are looking for.
- You are a Senior Backend Engineer with at least 5 years of experience.
- You are technically proficient: you have experience with Rust and/or Node.js, relational and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL (required) and Clickhouse.
- You're not scared of big data: you have first experiences with taming large datasets and your code does not break when N approaches 1 Googol.
- You are a good software architect: you envision good designs, build solutions that last and strive to minimize technical debt.
- You are a confident and independent team member: you take initiative, prioritize your tasks and get things done.
- You are a team player: you fill in different roles and pick up the baton where others might drop it.