Senior Backend Developer
We're looking for a senior backend developer to join our team in Brussels. If you are looking for a key role in a fast-moving start-up, this is for you!
AppTweak is the leading ASO tool driven by data science. AppTweak empowers mobile leaders - such as Amazon, Jam City, Yelp, Zynga and Adobe - to grow their apps and games with actionable insights in a simple interface.
Committed to developing the most accurate, transparent and easy-to-use ASO tool on the market, AppTweak supports over 1,500 app developers and game publishers worldwide. AppTweak’s all-in-one platform offers ASO Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, App Intelligence and Market Intelligence.
AppTweak has been awarded the “Best ASO Tool” by the App Growth Awards community and was recognized as the 6th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Belgium’s Fast 50 competition. Launched in 2014, AppTweak serves customers from all corners of the world, with offices in Brussels, San Francisco, Tokyo and Bengaluru.
About the Role
To help us bring AppTweak to the next level, you will work closely with the product team, the front-end team, and of course the other backend developers.
As a senior developer, we expect you to have a strong understanding of the current tech environment and help us make the right decisions by understanding business requirements and translating these into strong scalable systems.
Once the technical design is complete, we expect you to take part in the implementation and report the progress to the management and product team. You will integrate our team of talented backend developers. Your focus will be to:
- Architecture and build scrapers and ETL pipelines that ingest the data that power AppTweak
- Architecture and build API's that make those data available
- Monitor and optimize our message queue systems
- Monitor and optimize our infrastructure.
Technologies we use
Our SAAS product is a Ruby on Rails application serving a React Single Page Application.
Our scrapers and crawlers get their tasks from SQS queues and store data in a mix of MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB, PgSQL, and Elasticsearch databases. They are built using the Ruby programming language (without Rails).
Our JSON REST API's are built in Ruby as well using the Sinatra lightweight framework. We deploy code using Concourse as a CI/CD pipeline to build Docker images deployed on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS.
We also have several Python services, mainly to run ML models developed by our data scientists.
We monitor everything using Prometheus and Grafana to visualize time series and metrics in an efficient manner.
We follow an agile development process inspired by SCRUM, but adapted to our needs.
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience writing backend code. Ruby is a plus.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting doesn't scare you.
- Experience with AWS / Kubernetes / Docker is a plus
- VISA sponsor possible
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
- Full-stack experience
- Love food ! (optional)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be a part of a Belgian high-growth company where co-creation is not just a buzzword
- Learn and grow at an open and fast-paced environment
- Work-life balance
- Employee and health care benefits
So if you are motivated, ready to learn, and have a curious and innovative mindset, we’d love to meet you!