Senior Assistant (Finance)
Senior Assistant (Finance)-190511
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 3,869.44Euro (EUR) Monthly
3000 people are working 24/7 to protect approximately 1 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Senior Assistant in our Finance Directorate. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the activities of Fund Managers and annual Agency Financial Plan. If you possess relevant education, at least 5 years of related experience, and skills and experience in areas such as financial execution, accounting and/or auditing, including knowledge of International Public Service Accounting Standards IPSAS or International Financial Reporting Standards, we would like to meet you!
The Financial Controller (FC) acts as the General Manager's principal financial advisor, and is personally accountable for the correct application of funds approved for use of the Agency and its supported programmes. Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the NCI Agency Finance Directorate is responsible for all aspects of the planning, financial control, management and execution of the assigned resources of the NCI Agency, and any NATO Security Investment Programme (NSIP) funds authorized to the Agency. It is responsible for the promulgation of NCI Agency financial management policies and procedures related to the management of funds and co-ordinates all relevant financial matters with external bodies and organizations. It is responsible for Financial Management, Fiscal, and Accounting functions throughout the NCI Agency, both at Headquarters as well as CIS Support Units (CSUs). Within the Agency, leads on developing costing for CIS Services (Cost Modeling), and the financial
aspects of Memoranda of Understanding and other agreements.
The Office of Business Management is responsible for the development, implementation and management of an Agency-wide harmonized customer funding model. The Office is responsible for financial planning, revenue and cost management, as well as timely capture, process and presentation of accurate and relevant financial information, tailored to user requirements, decisively contributing to an effective planning, monitoring and decision making process and operational stewardship of the Agency, including programs. The Office of Business Management is responsible for the implementation of Agency strategy with particular emphasis on cost control, customer funding, and establishment of Agency wide internal services focusing on financial analysis, financial planning and programming, requirements prioritization, establishment of the Agency prices and price related rates, review of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Agency price proposals, internal coordination and negotiation of
International Agreements, cost estimation, tracking and analysis, project/business/programme financial control and analysis, corporate financial reporting.
Under the direction of the Section Head, you will perform duties such as the following:
* Assist with the coordination of activities of Fund Managers in subordinate units;
* Assist in the financial management and customer funding procedures of NCI Agency and works within the team to implement full customer funding;
* Assist and support in the monitoring, executing and reporting on the Agency Operational cost as part of the annual Agency Financial Plan. Tasks include;
* Assist in the screening and updating of financial plans for individual units, Service Lines, cost centers, and projects. Execution of the upload of budgets into the financial system;
* Assist in the execution of these allocations, ensuring compliance with NATO and Agency regulations, and guidance provided by the Agency Supervisory Board and the Financial Controller (FC);
* Analyse, verify and approve all Purchase orders for the Operational costs including approving purchase orders for the 'Interim Workforce Capacity' (IWC);
* Execution of all budget transfers;
* Prepare estimates of accrued revenues and expenses, and periodically assist in the forecasted revenue and expense review;
* Assist in the assessment of in-year affordability of requirements, and prioritization;
* Prepare periodical management reports and produces ad-hoc analyses for both internal and external use regarding revenues, costs, variances, productivity, and other aspects of management control;
* Close co-ordination with the Accounting Services Branch/Accounts Payable/General Ledger;
* Close co-ordination and co-operation with the Corporate R&C Section.
Assist and supports in the monitoring, executing and reporting on Third Party (TP) Acquisition Business. Tasks include;
* Upload all TP Acquisition customer agreements in the financial systems.
* Prepare, ask for approval and send TP Acquisition customer invoices; process them in the Financial Systems (Accounts Receivable) and do the dunning.
* Analyse, verify and approve all purchase orders related to TP Acquisition.
* Participate and provide inputs to the quarterly and annual TP Cost to Complete related to the Agency quarterly financial closing and annual Financial Statements.
* Provide reports upon request by Project Managers or other departments.
* Close collaboration with other financial departments with respect to TP Acquisition (AP, GL, R&C, etc).
Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
Performs other duties as may be required. Person specification
Qualifications required: We are looking for a candidate with a vocational training at a higher level in business administration, public administration, finance, management, accounting or related discipline which might lead to a formal qualification, or Diploma of secondary education. Experience required: In addition to 5 years of recent experience at financial management level. You will also have recent experience in following areas:
* Demonstrable skills and experience in areas such as financial execution, accounting and/or auditing, including knowledge of International Public Service Accounting Standards IPSAS or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
* Demonstrated ability to work as an integral member of financial management team;
* Knowledge of and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
* Advanced Microsoft office experience and skills, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
* Bachelor or University degree in finance, management accounting, business administration, management, or other related discipline;
* Familiarity with military operations, operational logistics, and related supporting activities;
* Familiarity with NATO Financial Management processes;
* Hands-on experience with one or more versions of NATO Financial Systems (Oracle CNAFS, CFS PeopleSoft, etc.);
* Experience of working within or in support of the NATO Command Structure and/or NATO agencies;
* Knowledge of CIS systems and experience in managing CIS logistics support;
* Experience with operation of automated commercial and governmental accounting systems;
* A sound knowledge of NATO CIS funding requirements and the budgetary needs related to centralised CIS services provision, as well as the plans and projects to meet such requirements;
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
* Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Competencies required: Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well. Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals. Analysing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships;
probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system. Travel: May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries. Language skills:
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is needed and some knowledge of French is desirable. Contract: NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors. Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
* The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended. What do we offer? Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.
We appreciate your patience.