Scientist/Senior Scientist Preformulation
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905780599W
Pharmaceutical Sciences is a department of Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS). Within the department resides the preformulation group, supporting Discovery, Active Product Ingredient Development, Drug Product Development, Biopharmaceutics, Analytical Development and others, to help understand the physicochemical properties of potential drug candidates, aid in compound selection, establish in depth understanding of the pharmaceutical formulations and aid in the definition of the pharmaceutical development trajectory.
* Design, plan, execute, interpret and report experiments to understand the physico-chemical properties of drug substance (including solubility, intrinsic dissolution rate, pKa, LogP) and drug product, starting from the early development stage throughout the entire product development cycle.
* Translate physicochemical properties of new compounds into formulation advice and potential path forward for further development. Troubleshoot any fundamental formulation challenges resulting from the physicochemical properties of the compound as well as excipients.
* Drive innovation within the preformulation team, participate in the evaluation of new analytical techniques in the area of physicochemical characterization and keep up to date with scientific innovations.
* Build and maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders including API Development, Discovery Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Product Development and Analytical Development.
* Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers, internally as well as externally.
* Degree in Sciences: Pharmaceutical, Chemistry (analytical/organic), Physics, Engineering or a related science with experience in preformulation (PhD or equivalent by experience).
* Knowledge of and strong interest in science related to API physico-chemistry, solid state, drug absorption principles, formulation optimization and pharmacokinetics.
* Hands on experience with preformulation related in vitro experiments (e.g. solubility, pKa, Log P, dissolution, precipitation, solid state characterization, …).
* Physical and analytical chemistry background preferred, good understanding of the broader pharmaceutical product development picture, including high level principles of preclinical and clinical development is considered an advantage.
* Like to work in the lab and able/willing to perform experiments in state-of-the-art laboratories including using automated platforms
* Highly motivated, with organizational, interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills.
* Fluent English (both spoken and written), proven experience with scientific reporting.
* Team player, dynamic, creative, innovative and flexible.
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Non Operating Companies