Scientist - Process Chemistry
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1805695957W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Sciences, the CMC organisation within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., is employing several hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. API Small Molecule Development department is responsible for the development of processes for the supply of large quantities of new chemical entities that are needed for R&D and commercial purposes. Moreover, new chemical processes are developed according to customer requirements concerning safety, environment, technology, economy and quality. We also are responsible for adequate information about those processes to guarantee successful registration of new medicines.
In the department of API Small Molecule Development we currently have a vacancy for a permanent position: Process Chemist in the Process R&D Department
* The candidate will be working in organic process research and development towards the synthesis of New Chemical Entities. This includes the generation of creative and innovative approaches for new synthetic routes and solutions for problems encountered during scale-up of ongoing projects.
* You will be part of a cross-functional team (Process R&D, analytical department, safety testing lab, pilot plant).
* You will report progress to the management and to our customers.
* You will participate actively in the experimental work.
* You hold a PhD in chemistry, organic synthesis, with preferentially experience in Industry or as a Post-Doc.
* You speak English fluently and are willing to learn Dutch.
Skills and Competencies
* Keen interest in recent developments of organic chemistry and related chemical technology.
* Excellent social and communication skills.
* Like to work in the lab and able to perform chemical experiments in state-of-the-art chemical laboratories including using automated lab reactors.
* Analyse, discuss and assess the results of the experiments and report them in formal documentation.
* Excellent knowledge of the most important analytical techniques: NMR, HPLC, GC, IR, UV, LC-MS.
* Good reporting skills.
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)