Scientist Early Chemical Development
Date: Mar 13, 2018
Location: Braine L'alleud, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Early Chemical Development, based in our site in Braine l'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Scientist Early Chemical Development.
Would you say your scientific approach is passionate above all? At UCB, we say you are a ' scienassionate' person. This innovative blend of talent means you are personally driven to leverage knowledge in the interest of patients.
As a UCB 'scienassionate' person and Scientist Early Chemical Development you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Participate in the route selection / process identification of the different compounds from candidate selection up to Clinical Phase IIa
* Ensure that all developed processes can be scaled up to a 60 L reactor and perform the syntheses at this scale.
* Support non-clinical activities by synthesis of compounds required for toxicology studies up to enter development.
* Ensure that all processes are in compliance with internal safety rules
As a UCB 'scienassionate' person and Scientist Early Chemical Development you will contribute by:
* Planning, executing and controlling the synthesis of requested molecules (delay, quantity, quality) according to and within the mission of a Early Chemical Development team. Main responsabilities include : 1. route selection/ process identification 2. supply of drug candidates for pre-proof of concept non-clinical studies up to enter development transition point 3. supply of impurities related to the processes 4. preparation of documentation related to chemical process for patent protection and technology transfer to either the Late Chemical Development Team, the Pilot Plant or CROs/CMOs.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master in chemistry, Master in industrial engineer sciences with min 2 years industrial experience in a process chemistry environment in Pharma or Fine Chemical industry or graduate with min 5 years
* Strong knowledge in general organic chemistry both theoretical and practical
* Ability to participate in the route selection / process identification of the different compounds from candidate selection to Clinical Phase IIa.
* Experience in the GMP environment and in transferring to the Pilot Plant.
* Good understanding of the results, good record keeping and reporting with respect to technical activities.
* Fluent communication in French and good level in English
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Scientific, Toxicology, Scientist, Science, Engineering