Date: Mar 1, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Scientist "Physico-Chemical Methods Development for Biotech Products"
Analytical Sciences for Biological November 20, 2018
* Location: Braine l'Alleud, Belgium
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Physico-Chemical methods Development Team, based in our Biotech Sciences Department in Braine l'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Scientist "Physico-Chemical Methods Development for Biotech Products" .
Do you have an agile mind that enjoys being analytical? For UCB, you are an 'agilytical' person. This innovative blend of talent means you are able to swiftly apply forward thinking for the good of patients.
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Scientist "Physico-Chemical Methods Development for Biotech Products" you like to work in an environment where you can:
* drive analytical development/method validation projects
* troubleshoot analytical methods/techniques
* work in autonomy within a team of engaged analysts and scientists
* actively represent analytical team in cross-functional project teams
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Scientist "Physico-Chemical Methods Development for Biotech Products" you will contribute by:
* designing, conducting or supervising experiments, analysing results, preparing and reviewing documentation related to analytical method development, validation, transfers, support to process for our biological products from early clinical phase to commercial.
* providing expertise and scientific assistance to analysts to troubleshoot analytical issues on the techniques/methods run in the laboratory
* presenting/discussing results in project team meetings and liaising with other departments or external partners to ensure analytical knowledge transfer.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* preferred: university degree (PhD) in biochemistry or in analytical chemistry
* proven expertise (at least 5 years) in a similar role in the biotech industry and in a GMP laboratory
* proven expertise in method development and validation in one or several of the following analytical techniques (chromatography, electrophoresis, immunoassays) applied to proteins
* ability to author and review comprehensive and accurate procedures, protocols and reports in English,
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Chemical Research, Biotech, Science, Engineering