Scientific Communications Integrat° lead
Date: Feb 8, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Scientific Communications Integration Lead
Help us transform patients' lives. We are looking to fill the position of Scientific Communications Integration Lead for BKZ (Bimekizumab).
About the role
The Scientific Communications Integration Lead for BKZ develops and is accountable for timely execution of innovative and competitive scientific publications as well as communications for all disease areas/patient populations being targeted with our therapy.
The Scientific Communications Integration Lead
* Is the owner of, and leads, the Scientific Platforms development and evolution for BKZ across indications, ensuring that competitive scientific narratives are created and evolved, aligned with the ambition for patient value creation
* Leads and co-creates Integrated Communications Plans: these plans have critical strategic importance as they orchestrate the flow of data and scientific messages and allow us to communicate our patient value simply and clearly, and with purpose, across indications, channels and audiences
* Oversees the development and execution of strategic publication plans, leading a focused team of dedicated Publications Leads (with or without reporting lines)
* Leads efforts to create and evolve data generation plans for new publications to increase differentiation and further patient value of BKZ, and ensures data requests are appropriately prioritized, and delivered in a timely manner
* Delivers the above working closely with external KOLs and internal stakeholders across the Missions, Research, Development, Safety and Medical Affairs
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead is able to articulate scientific statements and narratives, connecting Target Patient Value Profiles to scientific and clinical data from various sources, including UCB sponsored interventional and non-interventional clinical studies, external databases and literature.
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead has the scientific credentials and experience to be able to engage with thought leaders in the TA. He/she is connected with, and well-regarded by, the expert network and thought leaders / researchers that treat the diseases of interest.
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead also understands what needs patients, caregivers, managed care, payers, specialty pharmacy and physicians want to see addressed, based on assimilation, analysis and interpretation of relevant insights. He/she connects the science to patients and their ecosystem.
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead is a connector within and outside the organization. He/she is comfortable working with, and is able to influence, colleagues with different expertise and responsibilities, sitting in various parts of the organization (Medical Affairs, Research, Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, etc).
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead is the primary contact for any scientific-related communication, and ensures consistency in language and accuracy of scientific statements wherever they are disseminated.
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead works closely with Medical Affairs Leads and supports them in building Engagement and Communications plans.
* The Scientific Communications Integration Lead is member of a Mission in the relevant Patient Value Unit, where the strategy is develop and its implementation is executed.
* Manage (with or without reporting lines) the Publications Leads assigned to BKZ, ensuring timely and quality execution of Publications plans; review publications before submission.
* Organize and lead relevant cross-functional sessions to create and evolve Scientific Platforms and Integrated Communications plans.
* Manage budgets and all Medical communication agency interactions to ensure delivery with quality and on time.
* Work closely with relevant stakeholders when Scientific and Clinical data need to be disseminated, to ensure consistency in language and accuracy of scientific statements.
* Build strong relationships, based on patient focus, integrity and trust with a network of external thought leaders in order to demonstrate UCB's long term commitment to the disease area, and utilise this network to provide world class scientific expertise to guide UCB's publication and communication plans and activities.
* University degree: a PhD is required; a Medical Degree is an advantage. The successful candidate will need prior education or experience in immunology.
* Anticipates trends and interprets signals in the ecosystem of care and maintains a holistic perspective of science-related activities externally and within UCB; combines this view with a patient-value focus and business understanding to develop high-impact scientific communications.
* Builds and maintains trusted internal and external partnerships to achieve results through discussion and influence.
* Works collaboratively to ensure the highest principles and standards are upheld, while creating agile frameworks and programs to deliver results that maximize patient value.
* Able to collaboratively build, control, and continuously adapt project plans, with the appropriate level of details, to achieve the project objectives.
* Leading others: Communicates the vision and sense of purpose with enthusiasm, and ensures strategic priorities are understood and acted upon.
* Provides coaching and support to team and colleagues to encourage learning and development.
* Shows trust and provides learning opportunities to reports or team members through delegation and opportunity for participation in new and stretching assignments.
* Accurately assesses each person's strengths and uses them to get the best out of him or her; Motivates and influences a wide range of colleagues including direct reports, team members and project members
* Able to work in a Matrix environment and quickly adapts to organization changes.
Job Segment: Communications, Scientific, Medical, Immunology, Pharmacy, Marketing, Engineering, Healthcare