Rechargeable Battery Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore's rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its business unit Umicore Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM) located in Brussels, Umicore is currently looking for a
You act as the prime market interface for direct and indirect customers as well as other relevant players in the Li-ion battery market related to electric mobility but also other applications in the EU region. You negotiate with customers to reach the RBM sales objectives and at the same time translates the customer requirements back into the relevant RBM division.
* You are in charge of Market Development for our Li-ion battery related products in the EU region
* You act as an escalation path for the customers in the EU region, being either direct customers or indirect customers like automotive OEMs
* You detect product value at the direct and indirect customers for the different applications we are serving with our products
* You establish a proper mapping of decision makers within the OEM organization and implement our M&S strategy / deliver defined messages on the right level of e.g. the OEM organization (e.g. sustainability, sourcing,…)
* You negotiate the right premium levels within the given boundaries, lock in the maximum amount of volumes for these prices.
* You coordinate with Umicore's internal departments, e.g. the planning manager on volume allocation conflicts or potential quality topics with the RBM quality management department
* You build networks within OEMs and direct customers (R&D / serial production / sustainability / raw materials strategy / purchasing / …), lead the discussions and bring in specialized Umicore teams where necessary
* You participate in trade shows as well as e.g. industry consortia and develop an understanding for market trends and how these translate into cell requirements
* On Market Intelligence side, you e.g. map competitor supply chains and cell maker customers design-wins, provide estimates on Umicore price positioning, etc.
Who we are looking for
* You have a master degree in industrial engineering or economics with an affinity for technology or engineering / science degree with additional degree in economics
* First work experience (2-5 years) either in the Li-ion or automotive industry, preferably in a B2B commercial environment
* Familiarity with metals markets or hedging principles is a plus
* First international experience within Asia and EU will help to integrate in our highly international work environment
* Sound understanding of technical matters and their translation into commercial terms are very relevant
* You are fluent in English and preferably German and French. As a majority of our customers are located in Germany and France, a willingness to learn these languages with support of Umicore is a strong plus
* You show broad commercial skills with the ability to make accurate analyses and judge information critically
* You are able to keep an overview on a variety of diverse topics related to customers, technology and the market in general
* You are comfortable dealing with the sometimes conflicting interest between customers and Umicore
* You have a self-starting personality with a can-do mentality
* You know how to organize your work, can prioritise, in a fast changing environment
* You are able to blend into a highly intercultural team and a highly dynamic work environment
* You take initiative and ownership for the tasks assigned to you
* You are a good communicator who can work autonomously, provide open and transparent feedback and take decisions and persistent in achieving your goals.
* You are open to travel 20-30% of your time, mostly within EU
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
If our expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?