RWE Scientist Rozi/Tau
Date: Nov 9, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Real World Evidence Scientist (Rozi/Tau)
Location: Brussels, Belgium or Slough, UK
At UCB, we believe that one day, Real-World Data (RWD) will be the most influential source of evidence in healthcare, ensuring every patient gets access to the right care. The RWE Practice strives to harness the full potential real-world data to support UCB's mission to enhance our understanding of disease and the real-life experiences of patients so that UCB can deliver the right drug and the right care to the right patient. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
We are looking to fill the position of Real-World Evidence (RWE) Scientist Rozi/Tau.
The position will can be based in one of our primary European global locations (Brussels, Belgium; Slough, UK).
As an RWE Scientist, you will be responsible for designing and executing projects using real-world data to:
* inform strategic internal decision-making thereby empowering differentiating R&D activities within UCB
* support external decision making by key stakeholder groups such as policy makers, payers, and prescribers
* contribute to the wider epidemiological and medical understanding of specific diseases
Furthermore, as an RWE Scientist you will contribute by:
* Co-creating Global RWE Strategy & Tactical Plan with RWE disease area Leads
* Leading RWE study execution, including study design and analysis specification and protocol development
* Liaising with RWE Methodologists concerning study design and RWD Specialist concerning choice of data source on an as needed basis
* Managing RWE contractors and overseeing their execution of systematic and pragmatic literature reviews, analytical projects, and report creation
* Providing RWE Analysts with clarifications concerning protocol implementation
* Driving interpretation of analysis in collaboration with RWE Lead Scientist & internal stakeholders, and communicating analysis interpretation internally and externally
* Co-creating RWE publication plan with RWE Lead Scientist and managing internal & external communication including scientific publications
Finally, as part of the RWE Practice, you will have the opportunity to support the continued growth of the team who are accountable for all global RWE activities undertaken at UCB.
Interested? For this position, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Minimally required experience: 3 years successfully delivering global and/or local RWE projects (studies using large healthcare databases, prospective observational studies, epidemiology support of drug safety…) from conceptualisation to publication within the pharmaceutical industry or with a recognised expert consultancy or academic centre of excellence; demonstrable publication record in relevant peer reviewed scientific and/or clinical journals
* Desirable/preferred experience: as above; depth and breadth of experience will be reflected in the grade.
* Training in the areas of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, outcomes research, health economics, biostatistics, data science or related fields
* Good background knowledge of industry trends and best practices, specifically related to epidemiology/outcomes research
* Good knowledge and understanding of applicable regulations in pharmacovigilance and clinical development
* Ability to solve scientific and technical questions/problems related to the epidemiology and pharmacovigilance environment
* Expertise in the EU5/ US healthcare environment (and changes therein)
* Ability to leverage changes in healthcare systems to help plan and drive development of innovative patient access solutions in support of UCB compounds, resulting in value for institutional/individual stakeholders in addition to patients and physicians
* Excellent and effective oral/written skills in English
* Proven ability to write/edit scientific communications (abstracts, poster presentations, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.)
* Able to deliver presentations to senior management or industry audiences with a relaxed and proficient presentation style
* Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key partners and stakeholders
* Experience successfully working with multidisciplinary cross functional and cross-cultural project teams
* Ability to proactively use his/her relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups to synthesize thinking, build advocacy and empower implementation of the solutions in support of UCB portfolio performance and patient outcome
* Drive for innovation and creativity
* Visionary, strategic and tactical capabilities
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Scientific, Medical, Public Health, Scientist, Engineering, Healthcare, Science