Risk Management Analyst - Brussels
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for a Risk Management Analyst for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a famous international bank.
As Risk Management Analyst you will be responsible for:
Credit / Portfolio risk management
- Responsible for producing all the information necessary to the Branch post credit approval process. This includes:
- Gathering all the credit analyses performed by the relevant credit departments for transactions booked in the Branch, analyzing the rationale and the key conclusions;
- Producing the relevant template and be ready to present it if necessary.
- Analytics to link the conclusions from the portfolio management assessment to specific credit applications;
- Assist in the design and enhancement of the Branch's credit risk management framework from an individual credit risk perspective as well as from a portfolio perspective (local credit risk strategy, key credit risk approval criteria, key local credit risk indicators etc…. );
- Contribute to the risk appetite setting and monitoring on credit related metrics;
- In coordination with the other staff member, produce monthly portfolio analytical reports for portfolio monitoring and specifically for the local credit risk approval process. Provide ad-hoc portfolio analyses as required in coordination with the relevant other RMD groups if necessary;
- Contribute to the local monitoring of individual credit risks, in particular maintain the branch's watch list of critical credits (e.g. limits follow-up);
- Actively liaise with all relevant departments locally and within the EMEA region to ensure accuracy of data. Leverage on centrally carried out analysis and include in local governance bodies complemented with ad hoc relevant analysis.
Generic risk management tasks
- Contribute to the preparation and maintenance of local risk management policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Branch's risk and controls identification processes with a specific focus on credit risk;
- In coordination with the other staff member, prepare the material presented at the monthly risk management committee and in the production of minutes of the meeting;
- Undertake research and investigations on key industry developments including regulatory requirements;
- Get involved as appropriate with external bodies including auditors, regulators and industry groups and attending external seminars on relevant topics.
Market / Liquidity Risk / Operational Risk
- Provide back up to other RMD staff to perform the local monitoring of key market, liquidity and operational risk metrics in coordination with RMD London as and when relevant.
The required profile for the Risk Management Analyst position:
- Masters degree in Economics or Finance or otherwise quantitative background;
- 2-3 relevant working experience (credit risk area or in relevant audit experience);
- In depth knowledge of the Excel, Access and other Microsoft Office word applications;
- Natural ability and affinity in extracting numbers and crunching numbers;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Team player, result oriented, meticulous and adaptable;
- Fluency and proficiency in English (all meetings are conducted in English all documents are written in English).
Interested in this position of Risk Management Analyst at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: