Research Engineer (291633)
Job ID 291633 - Posted 13/02/2018 - Belgium - Digital Factory - Research & Development - Experienced Professional - Limited - Full time only
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Research Engineer - MBSE for Safety Engineering with Formal Methods
Siemens Industry Software N.V. (SISW, formerly known as LMS) is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. SISW is part of the Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
Within the research group Systems Engineering, we are searching for a Research Engineer - MBSE for Safety Engineering with Formal Methods to join our research team for the duration of at least 24 months. The research activities will mainly be carried out at Siemens Industry Software N.V. located in Leuven, Belgium.
Research Engineers apply their expertise and knowledge to technical projects, products and prototypes. The research aims to find innovative, cost-effective means to improve internal and external research, methods, methodologies, and/or products and technologies. Responsibilities include developing, conducting, and evaluating new approaches to meet project/product objectives faster and more efficiently. The Research Engineer MBSE for Safety Engineering with Formal Methods will apply the research in the automotive domain to develop the future tools and methodologies.
This position reports `to the RTD Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
* Research and technical development of prototype products and technologies.
* Research project execution
* Coordinate and communicate work effort within the organization.
* Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
* Contribute to and write scientific papers and applications for patents.
* Contribute to and write research proposals at national and international level.
* University degree M.Sc. or higher in engineering, applied math, physics or computer science.
* Experience with Formal Methods (e.g. SAT, SMT, ASP, Model Checking …).
* Interest in the automotive domain.
* Knowledge/Interest in Functional Safety and Safety Engineering in general.
* Knowledge of programming/scripting languages (Python, C/C++, Matlab ...) are prerequisite.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and software patterns are assets.
+ Fluent in English.
+ Basic knowledge of German and/or French are extra strong assets
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, which develops LMS simulation and testing solutions in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. LMS solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.