Regional Transportation Analyst
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Functions: Transportation Services
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905766296W
Overall purpose of job:
The DELIVER organization strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution, customer service, logistics and transportation across Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DELIVER supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products and DELIVER EMEA manages a complex network of Distribution centers (DC's) and Customer Services centers across Europe, Middle East and Africa supporting multiple distribution channels to J&J broad range of customers. Since 2013 DELIVER has undertaken a complete review of its network and consolidated its footprint while driving best in class distribution operations and leveraging Third Party Logistic sourcing base.
The Regional Transportation organization of DELIVER focuses on the strategic and operational oversight of Regional Transportation to ensure reliable supply of local DCs and Hubs from Make, to maximize value to Johnson & Johnson.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Guidance, coordination and operational oversight of Regional in-bound Transportation Pharm Segment to ensure reliable and cost-efficient supply of local Affiliates DCs from Manufacturing Sites and Regional Hubs. The focus for this role will be the close collaboration and partnership with the different Segment Plan, Make, Deliver/GDEx/RDEx/QA and Trade Compliance/Regional D&T functions to strive for lean and cost efficient inbound transport operations in support of required service to the Customer.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Drive value to Pharm (Janssen) EMEA through the optimized regional transportation flows for In Bound Freight from the Manufacturing sites to EDC and distributor DCs, affiliate and distributor replenishment from EDC, as well as chemicals and APIs inbound to manufacturing, inter-plant and inter-affiliate stock moves within EMEA region.
* Support build, track, reconcile and manage the overall IBF Transportation budget for Janssen EMEA, including Inter-Regional lanes
* Identify and implement cost optimization through operational improvements while ensuring service, quality, reliability and compliance to meet set business targets.
* Partner with Janssen Plan and Make to optimize loading and transport operations; drive efficiencies in E2E processes from Make to Affiliate Hubs / DCs, process alignment and proactive communication
* Represent IBF Transportation in E2E Janssen Supply Chain projects, drive optimization and E2E value
* Collaborate with other Deliver functions (Segment Deliver, D&T Operations, GDEx/RDEx, Quality, Safety & Compliance, Transportation Procurement)
* Manage relationships with 3PL / 4PL (Control Towers) via metrics and drive continuous improvements
* Proactively surfaces and resolves key issues with a sense of urgency, demonstrates continuous improvement including transportation lanes, resource management, leveraged value
* Deliver: Segment Deliver: Alignment with Regional Segment Deliver Lead on segment priorities
* Make: Actively manages interface with Manufacturing sites to optimize transport operations and DC replenishment
* Plan: Actively engaged with Demand & Supply Planning for transport capacity planning, reliability and adherence to SLAs
* GDEx/RDEx: Assess operational maturity and define and execute continuous improvement priorities
* Compliance: Jointly focus on building competitive advantage through quality and compliance
* Regional Distribution: Proactively engages with Distribution operations to optimize product flows end-to-end
* Finance / QA / Security
Objectives / Metrics
* Focuse: Enabling execution of reliable day to day operations, ensuring reliability, speed, quality and compliance at optimum cost
* KPIs: Transportation cost, transportation reliability DC-DC; Control Tower Performance KPIs
Essential knowledge and skills:
Degree: University degree in Logistics / Supply Chain / Business
Languages: Fluent in English, other European languages is an advantage
* Minimum 3 years in E2E Supply chain related disciplines, good understanding of order-to-cash process
* Excellent analytical skills and affinity to numbers: ability to support budgeting and financial reconciliation processes
* Subject Matter Expertise across core Transportation, Planning and Carrier /3PL-4PL management, knowledge of import / export processes and systems
* E2E mindset and collaborative, Customer focused approach. Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority
* Innovative mindset with capability for problem solving, compliance orientation/GDP knowledge/quality mindset, business case development and trade-off alignment
* Ability to drive continuous improvement and build best practices in Operations efficiency with a focus on Transportation management to drive E2E value for Janssen Pharm EMEA
* Process orientation with mindset for continuous improvement. Lean certification is a plus.
* Good communication and presentation skills paired with ability to conceptualize.
* Good Project management and change management skills
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)